• Register
  • Help

Topic: Champs Elysees

Champs Elysees

Hi all

This is the second completed piece in my little suite of scenes of European cities. I've posted the first one here before, but since they should be going together, I'll post both here. Both are scored for woodwinds and harp. The GPO woodwinds are indeed outstanding .

The first one is Called "Backstreets of Rotterdam" and the new one is called "Champs Elysees":

Hope you enjoy them, they were quite fun to write and a couple more pieces are still incomplete.

Thanks for listening.

Kind Regards

Re: Champs Elysees

Excellent writing and sequencing. You've got some of the individual instrumental nuances down like a charm.

I could almost smell the cologne on the bassoon player... uh, it was a guy, right?

Good job!
    Steve A. Gallant

New York City

Re: Champs Elysees

I just listened to the Back Streets of Rotterdam. Wow! That was delightful! There was so much going on on those back streets. People shopping and milling about. It was a lot of fun. (of course, I've never been to Rotterdam).

And Champs-Elysees was beautiful and haunting. Again, I've never been there either. But you painted such a colorful description. Filled with characters of all types - some sweet, some nefarious, but all rich in a history.

Very well done, I enjoyed them immensely.

- Michael
    - Michael Fortunato

Go Back to forum