• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for an arranger

Share/Bookmark

Question Looking for an arranger

Hello ot there:

I am currently producing a spanish language christian recording . The studio I am currently working in is Mac based with Protools. Some of the song styles are balads and "boleros". I would like to get in touch with someone who owns the orchestral version of Giga Studio that can help me add some string arrangements to my project;I cannot afford a live string session. I would prefer to work with someone with a good working knowledge of the dynamics and ranges of string instruments. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

Re: Looking for an arranger

Mike,

You probably should post your location and contact information (email address.) I do string arangements professionally for some well known artists using VSL.

Dave Connor
    dpcon@pacificnet.net

Really?
    That's cool!
    I didn't know you could do string arrangements for a living!

Chris

Well, I don't make a living doing string arrangements exclusively. I do a little bit of everything. I do some TV work and have a theme on a show called "That's Funny." I do re-records for the same production company Vin Di Bona (America's Funniest Videos.) A re-record is when you create a track that sounds as much like the original as possible. I just finished Usher's "Yeah" which should air in the next week or so. I like my version better actually.

I did lots of string arrangements on Bobby Caldwell's new record which I think is out now but not sure.

I also did a string arrangement for Corey Clark's (American Idol) new record which isn't out but I think a single from it has just dropped. Great record by the way which I think could be huge. Produced by DAM.

Dave Connor

Go Back to forum