• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SX3 needs XP?? A.S.A.P!

Share/Bookmark

SX3 needs XP?? A.S.A.P!

I recently got SX3, but I've been having some unusual problems. I read in the manual that windows XP is required. Is this right? I'm using 2k!

Am I able to have my DAW run XP while my other two giga machines run 2k?

Re: SX3 needs XP?? A.S.A.P!

I might work on W2k but only XP is officially supported.

Cheers,
    JS

hey Aaron you were using Sonar werent you? Why the switch, if you dont mind me asking?

Sonar's GUI is dirt slow. I work fairly fast (with slow results), so I need it to be snappy. A friend of mine recommended Cubase so I bought it. Although now I'm kicking myself in the eye because of this problem.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    Sonar's GUI is dirt slow. I work fairly fast (with slow results), so I need it to be snappy. A friend of mine recommended Cubase so I bought it. Although now I'm kicking myself in the eye because of this problem.
    Holy cow, Aaron. That's BS. But please, explain.

Sappy needed snappy - so he got SX.

Sorry it doesn't work with 2k - I never even thought about that - I've always run XP and just ASSuMEd you did as well. Hope you can upgrade 2k to XP - or install one of the older versions of SX - I sent all three.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Hey Bruce ol' buddy. I had a minor scoring gig some time ago, and it seemed like the simplest of commands took ages - like clicking on a measure. I would click, and 1.5 seconds later (sometimes longer) it would finally go to the clicked measure (or whatever part of the music you want to start writing/editing/whatever). I get my new DAW tommorow, so I have a feeling that the delay problems won't be as bad with a faster computer. 3.4 gigahertz, 2 gigs of ram.

The worst feature by far are the audio drop outs. The scoring gig that I got done with required a lot of vsti's, and the drop outs were insane. I think if I could get rid of that, then I'd be pretty happy. I hear Cubase just has crackles and pops, but no drop-outs - which is fine because when you freaking bounce, the crackles aren't going to be there anyway! Way better than constantly hitting the reset button for the thousandth time. - Not an exaggeration.

Although when I'm composing strictly midi/gigastudio stuff, Sonar is indeed quick. But when scoring to video with lotta vsti's, no good!

You'll still get drop outs depending on your hardware.

I have a Hammerfall 9652 in my new PC and its works even better than Giga3 with VSTs! Of course Giga3 it is GigaTeleported and that seems to use a fair amount of CPU on the giga machine for some reason,

Tell me when you get the new computer set up..I wanna come over and see it!

Go Back to forum