• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase SX3 and Gina compatible?

Share/Bookmark

Cubase SX3 and Gina compatible?

One more question I want cleared up, I promise:

I was wondering if anybody was using Cubase SX3 with Echoaudio's Gina card. I see that SX3 requires ASIO? - And I don't see that with the Gina, which I will be using for my DAW.

Bit of a long shot - but if Gina in fact doesn't support SX3, than it'll clear a lot up.

Re: Cubase SX3 and Gina compatible?

Hey A_Sapp

I'm using a Gina with SX3 - (and all the way back from VST 3.7) - and it's working perfect.
    And yes - Gina has an ASIO driver - and this is what SX3 needs.

All the best
    Bo

Sapp,

Sounds like you need to DL the Gina ASIO driver from their site and all will be good
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Aaron,

So it seems from you post your making a shift from Sonar huh? What prompted the move?

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Hey JP - this is from another thread:

"I had a minor scoring gig some time ago, and it seemed like the simplest of commands took ages - like clicking on a measure. I would click, and 1.5 seconds later (sometimes longer) it would finally go to the clicked measure (or whatever part of the music you want to start writing/editing/whatever). I get my new DAW tommorow, so I have a feeling that the delay problems won't be as bad with a faster computer. 3.4 gigahertz, 2 gigs of ram.

The worst feature by far are the audio drop outs. The scoring gig that I got done with required a lot of vsti's, and the drop outs were insane. I think if I could get rid of that, then I'd be pretty happy. I hear Cubase just has crackles and pops, but no drop-outs - which is fine because when you freaking bounce, the crackles aren't going to be there anyway! Way better than constantly hitting the reset button for the thousandth time. - Not an exaggeration."

Aaron,
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    Hey JP - this is from another thread:

"
    Oh sorry bro, I hadn't caught your other thread. Have fun! Uh er, have fun troubleshooting

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Clausen
    Hey A_Sapp

I'm using a Gina with SX3 - (and all the way back from VST 3.7) - and it's working perfect.
    And yes - Gina has an ASIO driver - and this is what SX3 needs.

All the best
    Bo
    Bo, can you do me a favor? How'd you configure SX3 so that it works? Everytime I use SX3, within a minute a message pops up that my audio drivers stopped working - than SX3 just stops working. Then ALL of my windows programs start to freeze up, and I have restart.

What are your settings? Thanks in advance.

Go Back to forum