• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: garritan big band...

Share/Bookmark

garritan big band...

Sorry to post one more message about the big band library, but spring is here, and I red in the web site that this will be available at this period...
    I'm so excited, that I can't wait any more. No date? when will it be possible de reserve?
    I have to compose a piece for a big band, and I guess this would be helpfull if it's as good as GPO - and I don't know why it should'nt
    Could you give us an information or news about Gary?
    regards
    Laurent
    On mac G 5 2x2,5 Ghz, 2,5 Go RAM

Re: garritan big band...

Patience,
    Patience.
    It's barely the first day of spring yet.
    patience.

Reguards,
    Chris

Talking Re: garritan big band...

2nd Quarter...going by Garritan's word.

But...he's continually polishing the library and adding new instruments. He's working hard to get the libraries to sound as good as they can. That takes time.

So, I'd suggest one not be surprised if it's released in the 3rd or maybe even 4th Quarter.

Software deadlines are never accurate, and in my experience have always been way off. Sometimes it's not merely a few weeks, it can take longer than that, in a few cases I've experienced it was well over a year.

Don't hold your breath. You'd turn a very ghostly blue and fall like an axed tree and you'd be ashes and dust by the time Big Band & Jazz and GPO Advanced arrived.

In other words, just wait and be patient. I know it's hard, but I guess we all have our crosses to bear.

Last I read in here it was sometime in April (I think). Either way it'll be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    Last I read in here it was sometime in April (I think). Either way it'll be worth the wait.
    Hi folks

Thanks for the replies. Of course, I understand that creating such a library is a lot of work, and I'm not complaning but just excited by this.
    as I told you, I have to write a piece for big band, and I have a dead line, so I've begining to work on it with apple synt.software saxes, this sounds so strange that I won't recognize my piece when I'll have the big band library - hoping my work will sound good!
    regards
    L

Well let's hope it's not pulled/delayed like GPO was. That was crazy... and maybe that's exactly what they're trying to avoid.
    Brain Edwards

Laurent,

As the famous winemaker would say, "we will serve no wine before its time". We have added more instruments and controls that will add extra value to the library. It will be worth the wait.

A regret we must be vague about an exact date. When dealing with software, Murphy's law seems to be in full operation. If you are up against a deadline it may be worthwhile to explore getting some real players.

The Jazz/Big Band library will be soon and we are confident it will be released this spring or early summer (barring any unforseen difficulties).

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: garritan big band...

Man, Gary I've been listening to a lot of jazz lately. You have your work cut out for you. The freedom of expression on every instrument from player to player instrument to instrument in jazz is limited only by ones imagination! Take your time boss. Take your time....
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Laurent,

As the famous winemaker would say, "we will serve no wine before its time". Gary Garritan
    Hi Gary,
    Talking about wine...
    I'm back from a diner with friends. The wine we had was so fantastic; "château Talbot" 1989 (Bordeaux 5th Saint julien)... I can say that it was the right time to drink it and the only thing I ear is angels.
    For sure, I'll wait for this big band library, and I have no doubt about it's quality.
    regards
    Laurent

Hey, that's not fair! You get all those good French wines cheap(er) and they cost us an arm and a leg over here.

Tom

Go Back to forum