• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Mr. Garritan

Share/Bookmark

Question for Mr. Garritan

I am currently a GPO user and am looking for "more power". My question is two fold in regards to GOS. I understand that an updated version of GOS is in the works. I do not currently have a Giga system. If I buy GOS now, I will, by default, need to purchase one of the major soft samplers in order to use it. Will GOS II utilize Giga, or will you convert this library to a kontakt player ala GPO?

I guess the real question is, should I buy Kontakt over Giga for future compatibility with Garritan products or will future versions of GOS continue to have multi-platform support?

Re: Question for Mr. Garritan

I don't know if this helps, but here goes:
    There are many, many giga libraries out there (Kontakt ones, too, of course), so if you buy Gigastudio, you can get many other libs w/o getting any more sample players. And you can even make your own libs too!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by robertb
    I am currently a GPO user and am looking for "more power". My question is two fold in regards to GOS. I understand that an updated version of GOS is in the works. I do not currently have a Giga system. If I buy GOS now, I will, by default, need to purchase one of the major soft samplers in order to use it. Will GOS II utilize Giga, or will you convert this library to a kontakt player ala GPO?

I guess the real question is, should I buy Kontakt over Giga for future compatibility with Garritan products or will future versions of GOS continue to have multi-platform support?
    For "more power" you may want to consider GPO Advanced. More details will be posted in a few weeks.

I still have not received a copy of Giga3 (it was promised to me months ago). So we are still up in the air about Giga. Kontakt2 should be out very soon. Now that Kontakt2 will support midi programability and convolution we will do a Kontakt version and most likely make a kontakt player instrument.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    For "more power" you may want to consider GPO Advanced. More details will be posted in a few weeks.

I still have not received a copy of Giga3 (it was promised to me months ago). So we are still up in the air about Giga. Kontakt2 should be out very soon. Now that Kontakt2 will support midi programability and convolution we will do a Kontakt version and most likely make a kontakt player instrument.

Gary Garritan
    I really do hope that there will also be GS3 versions - I, and many others, really do prefer it. And I can't stress it enough, it isn't any light or casual preference either! I pretty much ignore most Kontakt based material...

Your statement about going for GPO Advanced as opposed to GOS for 'more power' is both cryptic and tantalizing - are you saying that Advanced will offer more string options than GOS?
    You secretive secretive developer you, driving me crazy here, uncertain of what library route to take in the coming months..

Go Back to forum