• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FYI- Project SAM gets a new look..

Share/Bookmark

FYI- Project SAM gets a new look..

I just went to the Project SAM site to find a whole new look plus a anouncement for a new library.

http://www.projectsam.com/index_news_01.html

Thumbs up Re: FYI- Project SAM gets a new look..

Very nice indeed. I have always like the look of SAM! Not to mention the sound
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thumbs up Re: FYI- Project SAM gets a new look..

These three very nice guys are running a great company. Thumbs up. Excellent products. The coffee is also excellent

Maarten, when will you move your office 50 meters east-ward? (insiders joke!) Let me know, I'd love to rent studio space in a "werfkelder".

Vincent, Marco, Maarten: congratulations on the new site! I'll drop in when you have some time again (I guess it's quite busy now) to learn from your experiences with the website project.

Cheers and respect!

Re: FYI- Project SAM gets a new look..

that new library announcement is very surprising ... I don;t think anyone will have seen that one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    that new library announcement is very surprising ... I don;t think anyone will have seen that one coming.
    SAM Organ Mystique is a smaller, yet very cool 'in-between' release.

There's lots more down the pipe!

Best,

Maarten Spruijt
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

I guess I'm not that surprised by the announcement. I've always had the feeling that the Project SAM libs have been recorded in a large European church. And what is more natural in this setting than a pipe organ?

Maarten, can you confirm/deny my presumption? Have your samples been recorded in a church, or do you use a concert hall or large studio? Certainly, your libs have been recorded in a nice, lush space. It's a key aspect of the Project SAM sound.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Maarten, can you confirm/deny my presumption? Have your samples been recorded in a church, or do you use a concert hall or large studio? Certainly, your libs have been recorded in a nice, lush space. It's a key aspect of the Project SAM sound.
    All our current releases have been recorded in the same concert hall, not a church.

Except for the church organ of course, which was in a church.

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

[Edit:] damn, simultaneous post :-(

I think I am allowed to say that SAM brass and percussion is not recorded in a Church.

Maarten, let me know if you don't want any speculation - I'll quickly withdraw this remark I won't say anything more about it.

I CAN organise (paid) trips through the old (even mediaeval) Utrecht center tho and accidentally point to the actual location.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    [Edit:] damn, simultaneous post :-(
    The Dutch are getting back from work.

Marteen,

I mised you on AIM. Thanks for the kind words about the artwork.
    Alan Lastufka does all of our designs. He has a talent.

FB
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum