• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL with Waves IR-1 Reverb? anyone tried this combo

Share/Bookmark

Post VSL with Waves IR-1 Reverb? anyone tried this combo

Anyone tried using the IR-1 with their VSL library?

It's probably my most suitable verb for a symphonic library- being a convolution concert hall etc.

It may be the decider on whether i buy the VSL opus 1 or not.

(I also have the TC works, Renaissance verb and the digidesign verbs.)

Cheers.

Re: VSL with Waves IR-1 Reverb? anyone tried this combo

What sequencer and/or mixer do you use?
    Waves IR-1 is quite expensive. There is a cheaper alternative: Pristine Space from www.voxengo.com that is at least as good, if not better than IR-1.

It's not the software (IR1, Pristine Space, TL Space, etc) that make the "concert hall". It's the impulse response files that you load into them that create the "virtual" hall.

So the same IR file will sound 99.9% the same in any good convolution reverb.

My advise: get Opus 1 - it's a really a great product. If you want to save money (and have a DAW that runs VST plugins!) get Pristine Space, download free IR's from www.noisevault.com or check out my www.samplicity.com site for some very nice concert halls. (that was the commercial break )

Cheers,

Post Re: VSL with Waves IR-1 Reverb? anyone tried this combo

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    What sequencer and/or mixer do you use?
    Waves IR-1 is quite expensive. There is a cheaper alternative: Pristine Space from www.voxengo.com that is at least as good, if not better than IR-1.

It's not the software (IR1, Pristine Space, TL Space, etc) that make the "concert hall". It's the impulse response files that you load into them that create the "virtual" hall.

So the same IR file will sound 99.9% the same in any good convolution reverb.

My advise: get Opus 1 - it's a really a great product. If you want to save money (and have a DAW that runs VST plugins!) get Pristine Space, download free IR's from www.noisevault.com or check out my www.samplicity.com site for some very nice concert halls. (that was the commercial break )

Cheers,
    Thanks Peter,

I run ProTools and Cubase. Seems most are using Cubase with these librarys (i can run VST in Protools with my VST to RTAS wrapper).

I think you're right about Opus. Just need to make sure i don't need to throw just as much $ at a new verb as it's crucial!

I own the IR 1 already. will it work?
    Thanks for the links.

Cheers

Hi evaclear!
    I using Opus1 and IR1 together and I think it is absoulutely great combination!

Post Re: VSL with Waves IR-1 Reverb? anyone tried this combo

Hi,

Great to hear! Would love to hear them in action if you have something prepared...

thanks.

Nothing VSL only

I'm assuming you're probably using a mac for protools and sx, but if you are using a pc digi setup, you could buy GS3 Orchestra for about half the price of the IR-1, and you'd get GigaPulse with it. I'd recommend verifying that rewire would work and all that -as I don't know much about protools, I can't say- but if it did work I'd say the savings and improvements would be worth it at half the price. Just a thought, and hardly a complete one for what it's worth.

Go Back to forum