• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't re-install Gigastudio HELP!!!

Can't re-install Gigastudio HELP!!!

I'm having problems re-installing my G3 Orchestra. When I do I get The following error "An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file"

Has anyone else had this problem and how can I fix it?

Re: Can't re-install Gigastudio HELP!!!

You have a bad disc, bad disc drive, or a dirty laser. You can try a cleaning disc that has some small brushes to clean the laser. Or you can try copying the discs to another PC using its drive, then network the files to a folder on the target PC and setup from there.

My Sonar disc didn't read well in my target PC. I used the 2nd PC netwrok approach and got it installed without problems.

Good luck!

Not 100% sold on the bad disc, bad hard drive thing and unfortunately I don't have another PC to try it on. This happened before and through trial and error I got it working. Somewhere it suggested I remove everything on my system that had the words Gigastudio,Tascam and Nemeis attached to it and run Gigaclean. This seemed to work. Now it won't, any other suggestions?

I had to go into the registry and wipe out any keys with Gigastudio, endlesswave and anything related to gigastudio before mine would reinstall but this was 2.54. Once I cleaned all references to it it installed.

Go Back to forum