• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Emperor has a lovely voice......

Share/Bookmark

Question The Emperor has a lovely voice......

but he stutters when he whispers. Many pedal down low velocity samples play with varying degrees of lateness in both the GIGA 3 and EXS24 versions of the Emperor. I have applied the latest updates I can find at Post Piano , but they haven't helped. I have written several times to Michiel, but have not heard back from him. The Old Lady GIGA3, while much improved by the latest update, still feels sluggish to me in the lower range. Also, is there an update that corrects the f6 and f7 in the EXS24 version?

These are wonderful sounding pianos, and the new developments in resonance which Michiel demonstrates with his new demo files are exciting.

Am I alone in wishing the playability issues would be soon addressed?

Patrick

Re: The Emperor has a lovely voice......

I changed the sample start points myself in GS3 to overcome most of the latency problems in OLD LADY, but I still feel, especially when compared to other piano libraries and despite my editing, that the response time is receptive for improvement.

------------
    Alex cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Godfrey
    but he stutters when he whispers.
    beautiful.

Many pedal down low velocity samples play with varying degrees of lateness
    yes. from middle C upwards.

These are wonderful sounding pianos, and the new developments in resonance which Michiel demonstrates with his new demo files are exciting.
    these are wonderful sounding pianos. the new developments in resonance are exiting. i wholeheartedly agree.

Am I alone in wishing the playability issues would be soon addressed?
    no, you're not. apparently we are an unreasonable few. perhaps a demo?

N.B. http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31898

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29704

Thank you to Alex and Julian for your responses.
    I spent some time today making several demos which I hope are helpful in illustrating that our concerns are not unreasonable.

The demos are up at http://www.apparitionmusic.com/somedemos.html

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, you've captured the strange knocking noises, creaks and double strikes as well. same issues with the kontakt version. you're right, it is across the whole keyboard, just more obvious at the top.

Julian, it is possible the knocks and creaks are meant to create an effect of "reality" in the library, however when the creak happens only with one particular note at one particular velocity, and the music you are playing repeats that note at that velocity, the opposite effect is created.

Perhaps scripts such as those in Kontakt2 could randomize the knocks and creaks or turn them off altogether.

Patrick

Go Back to forum