• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

Share/Bookmark

Smile Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

Hi all, here's my arrangement of well known Icelandic folk melody.

Listen!

I used only Sibelius to create the score and program it for more realism, and then I used GPO studio recording feature to record it to wav.

I used only 5 "slots" in the GPO studio for this piece. Thanks too string KS I just needed 5 patches to cover the strings.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

Would you mind terrible sending me a .mid file of this piece? I would love to try something...
    Chris
    dragonwind@mac.com

Smile Re: Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    Would you mind terrible sending me a .mid file of this piece? I would love to try something...
    Chris
    dragonwind@mac.com
    Check your email.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Falcon,

Your "Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu" is marvelous! This is an example that you can make great sounding scores with notation programs. Excellent composition. I remember you posted a draft version of this to the chat with just organ and horn. Your orchestration really brought this to life. Very good contrast with the instruments. The runs at 4:29 are outstanding and the climax really works. Wonderful expression thoughout especially for notation.

Thank for posting this. I hope you don't mind if this finds its way in Joseph's new demo player. Also, if you want to share the MIDI or Sibelius file that would be great.

Gary Garritan

Red face Re: Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Falcon,

Your "Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu" is marvelous! This is an example that you can make great sounding scores with notation programs. Excellent composition. I remember you posted a draft version of this to the chat with just organ and horn. Your orchestration really brought this to life. Very good contrast with the instruments. The runs at 4:29 are outstanding and the climax really works. Wonderful expression thoughout especially for notation.

Thank for posting this. I hope you don't mind if this finds its way in Joseph's new demo player. Also, if you want to share the MIDI or Sibelius file that would be great.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary!

I'm working on a even better version of it - yes, will only use Sibelius. I learned few tricks in the chatner yesterday which I will try to use to make this play even more real.

Nope, you're welcome to use include it in Joseph's demo player. Yes, I will at least share something, maybe an pdf which includes all the hidden stuff in the sibelius score. Maybe even a small tutorial if someone is interested in that.

Again thanks Gary and Chris.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Thumbs up Re: Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

What is this anyway! What are you trying to pull here! Why, this is great! I thought you just improvised? The strings are wonderful and full! Wonderful!

Garritan -
    I hope you don't mind if this finds its way in Joseph's new demo player.
    Yeah, what a plus!
    Styxx

Great orchestration, very dynamic. I especially like the glissandos, they sound awesome! I can't wait for the better version! Thanks for sharing.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Talking Re: Lieds of Vatnsenda-Rosu

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Great orchestration, very dynamic. I especially like the glissandos, they sound awesome! I can't wait for the better version! Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you Styxx and Sean for your comments!

Styxx, nope I also compose - not just improvise.

Sean, you don't have to wait long because I was just uploading the improved version of it. Click here!

What I did in the improved version:

* Made the Bass drum more agressive in the climax part.
    * Fixed the timpani rolls
    * Added more legato programing
    * Simulate up/down bowing in the repeated note motive which is first heard in the beginning.
    * Fixed the piccollo trill
    * etc.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

hmmm... no comment on the improved version?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Very impressive! Excellent use of dynamics!

I enjoyed this very much. Thanks.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast