• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Yamaha SW1000XG and Diamond MX300

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha SW1000XG and Diamond MX300

Would it be possible to run Gigasampler thru a Diamond MX300 card (which I know works with GS) alongside a Yamaha SW1000XG card for harddisk recording while running Cubase or Logic? I have a fairly powerful computer (P3 500 with 128 meg.)

Re: Yamaha SW1000XG and Diamond MX300

Mattias

It shouldn\'t be a problem. The SW1000 has its own Directsound Drivers for it now though. They are OK not brilliant. That means that you could route GS through the SW1000 to get FX and use the Diamond card to get the better latency. The SW1000 only uses one IRQ for everything (which is handy)

KIA

I think I don\'t know how to get this to work....but how exactly do you route the GS through the SW2000XG? I can\'t seem to find it in the GS configure menu.

Thanks
    Chino

Chino

The current shipping SW1000 drivers that work with GS suffer from 2 important flaws.

1. Latency is about 4 years from the point of midi triggering.
    2. The SW1000 hogs the outputs in the config screen of GS.

My idea was to use a Diamond or Montego to do all the Midi-in stuff therefore decreasing the latency and still retaing the SW1000 outputs for adding reverb EQ or whatever...

The idea is only an interim solution till Yamaha do a second updated release of their driver that will bring latency down and show other cards output device drivers in the output window...

I hope this makes sense...

KIA

Kia,

Thank you, you have been much help. I have finally got my SW1000 to work, but s you said, discovered that there is a long delay between input and output. I\'ll now try and route the midi in from another card. Thanks again.

Chino

Chino

Tell me more about your system setup..When I installed the SW1000 using the Beta direct X drivers it just \"appears\" in the output side of the config page.

It looks like you might not have installed the driver properly or you might have another soundcard installed that might be throwing the system...

KIA

Kia.

Yes, that was the problem. I have another soundcard, a soundblaster live 1024, and that was throwing off the SW1000XG off. But now, the problem is sorted, I reinstalled the beta drivers for SW1000XG, then I reinstalled the soundblaster driver. So now, the SW1000XG output does appear.

Would routing the midi input through the soundblaster than through the SW1000 XG improve the delay? What if I an using the sounds of the Yamaha soundcard, would that cause any delay (from SBLive to SW1000)?

Thank you.

Chino

Give it a whirl and try it.. If it improves the latency then good.. If not, The second generation drivers for the SW1000 (due later this year) will address the latency issue better..

KIA

Hi! I have also sw1000xg and I installed yesterday beta DX driver for it but I couldn\'t start the Gigasampler. It starts, tries to profile the harddisks (my disk IBM DDRS 4.5 SCSI) and crashes. It means that the GS crashes but not the system. Do you know the possible answer on it?

korg

Korg

Have you just installed GS for the first time ?..

KIA

Go Back to forum