• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Note-Ons When Toggling

Share/Bookmark

GPO Note-Ons When Toggling

Ever since I successfully updated GPO and the Kontakt player to the point where I have keyswitches and so on, I get a flurry of note-ons through whatever GPO sounds I have loaded at present whenever I toggle to other software. It's actually not a horrible racket; it's as if my ensemble just up and plays a 13th chord. Any ideers? Thanks again for everyone's help getting me up and running with the Keyswitching deal.

Re: GPO Note-Ons When Toggling

I find that if I'm using GPO Studio with Sibelius and I have a pretty full orchestra going, when switching from Sibelius to GPO Studio I get what sounds like the whole percussion section dropping their instruments on the floor. Suffice it to say, every piece I render to audio using Sibelius and GPO Studio ends with a big loud crash! I can, of course, edit it out later but I was wondering what might be causing this and how it can be avoided. I'm using a P4 3.6 Ghz system with 1Gig RAM and an external Edirol sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    I find that if I'm using GPO Studio with Sibelius and I have a pretty full orchestra going, when switching from Sibelius to GPO Studio I get what sounds like the whole percussion section dropping their instruments on the floor. Suffice it to say, every piece I render to audio using Sibelius and GPO Studio ends with a big loud crash! I can, of course, edit it out later but I was wondering what might be causing this and how it can be avoided. I'm using a P4 3.6 Ghz system with 1Gig RAM and an external Edirol sound card.
    And I'm getting this too with Finale 2005b, GPO update. It's the keyswitch instruments that sound everytime I start / end playback or toggle from GPO as Northern has described. What further information from us would help to get this resolved? Could it be something to do with the midi settings in the notation software?

Quote Originally Posted by northern
    Ever since I successfully updated GPO and the Kontakt player to the point where I have keyswitches and so on, I get a flurry of note-ons through whatever GPO sounds I have loaded at present whenever I toggle to other software. It's actually not a horrible racket; it's as if my ensemble just up and plays a 13th chord. Any ideers? Thanks again for everyone's help getting me up and running with the Keyswitching deal.
    For the record, I'm using Sibelius 3.1.3 and it doesn't occur when I start or stop the playback, although there is a noticeable 'pop' when the piece reaches the end. I only get the flurry of notes when I toggle.

Go Back to forum