• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3 performances taking 3 minutes to save.

Angry Giga 3 performances taking 3 minutes to save.

I went from Gigastudio 160 to Giga 3, and after the usual quirks that occur when upgrading were hammered out; I encountered the ultimate creativity-squasher. 2 to 3 minute (save times). Even for an empty performance file. What's that you say : Any error messages ? .... of course not. Those might give me a clue as to what's going on, we can't have any of those. No, no,no.. Omniscience is what Tascam calls for - Because, true to my middle name, Giga techs say : We've never heard of that happening. It's-just-you. Enough sarcasm. Here's the traits. Inside of that 3 minute black-hole of time while Giga 3 is saving; my CPU light is not registering any activity. Other programs such as SONAR', Sound Forge' & Windows', are fully functional. Giga 3 however is completely stressed-out (evidentally) saving that empty file. It will not allow me to do anything Gigastudio-related inside of that time. I have moved my Performances' file to other hard drives and followed that with another Instrument QuickSound rebuild with no change in the problem. West LA Music recommended I disable my Adaptec SCSI drive since I no longer use it. After that didn't fix it, I tried to enable the SCSI again and now this crashes my PC every time I try to enable it. Ohh, and since Giga techs' told me to convert all my samples to Giga 3 format, I can't use Giga 160. SO I CAN"T EVEN GO BACK ! Luke... you must unlearn... what you have learned... patience.

Re: Giga 3 performances taking 3 minutes to save.

i had a bad problem with long boot-ups, saves & shutdowns a few months ago. here's what I found/did....may help you...

"""In addition to the really slow boot up times - 5 min avg. in my case - I had noticed that open folders (and sub folders) in Quicksound's "Folder Tree View" window - the one on the far left of QuickSound's windows - were *very* slow to close. So yesterday I had a performance up and decided to close all of those folders & subs, so that I was only seeing the root drives (C:\xxx, E:\xxx, F:\xxx, etc.) Once they finally did close - about 3-4 minutes - I saved that performance and noticed that it saved *much* quicker than it had been doing. When I came back later (after a restart) and reopened that performance, it booted in just over a minute! So, I shut down GS3, and rebooted the app and - sure 'nuff - it was up and ready in about 70 seconds! """
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Re: Giga 3 performances taking 3 minutes to save.

Sounds like the folders, extra searching, might be your problem.

You can save gs 2.5 format from the gs3 editor, if you need to, btw.

Go Back to forum