I went from Gigastudio 160 to Giga 3, and after the usual quirks that occur when upgrading were hammered out; I encountered the ultimate creativity-squasher. 2 to 3 minute (save times). Even for an empty performance file. What's that you say : Any error messages ? .... of course not. Those might give me a clue as to what's going on, we can't have any of those. No, no,no.. Omniscience is what Tascam calls for - Because, true to my middle name, Giga techs say : We've never heard of that happening. It's-just-you. Enough sarcasm. Here's the traits. Inside of that 3 minute black-hole of time while Giga 3 is saving; my CPU light is not registering any activity. Other programs such as SONAR', Sound Forge' & Windows', are fully functional. Giga 3 however is completely stressed-out (evidentally) saving that empty file. It will not allow me to do anything Gigastudio-related inside of that time. I have moved my Performances' file to other hard drives and followed that with another Instrument QuickSound rebuild with no change in the problem. West LA Music recommended I disable my Adaptec SCSI drive since I no longer use it. After that didn't fix it, I tried to enable the SCSI again and now this crashes my PC every time I try to enable it. Ohh, and since Giga techs' told me to convert all my samples to Giga 3 format, I can't use Giga 160. SO I CAN"T EVEN GO BACK ! Luke... you must unlearn... what you have learned... patience.