• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Star Wars/Imperial March medley on GPO

Share/Bookmark

Star Wars/Imperial March medley on GPO

I know we've been down this road before, but I figured with the last SW film coming out, I thought I'd give it go. I haven't gotten to the Imperial March part yet but its coming...feel like I'm drowning in notes so far...

Here is a down and dirty mix of the intro, before I transition (by hook or crook) to the Imperial March music, I think.

I just recorded each instrument family en masse so there is little finesse...and got to tweak some of those notes (sorry)

A Big Thanks to Mr. John Hawksley for the education on instrument set-up by the way, it was very helpful!

http://www.us.share.geocities.com/markytodd/SW_test.mp3

Re: Star Wars/Imperial March medley on GPO

If you would edit your message and add http://www. (without the underscore) to the front of your link, people would be able to click directly on the link and hear the mp3 instead of having to copy your incomplete link and paste it into their web browser.

A complete link will change color as you hover your cursor over it.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Your link is not working, probably because you have some spaces between some of the characters.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Your link is not working, probably because you have some spaces between some of the characters.

Larry A.
    I believe you will find his piece, here:

http://geocities.com/markytodd/SW_test.mp3

IF you go to it directly by copying the link into the browser address box.

I think maybe he (or perhaps GeoCities) may possibly have file hot-linking turned off.

etLux

Hmmm, maybe I will switch it over to another server, Geocities kinda sucks...
    sorry about that.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by matolen
    Hmmm, maybe I will switch it over to another server, Geocities kinda sucks...
    sorry about that.

Mark
    GeoCities is perhaps not the wisest place to host such things.

I believe they often automatically turn on hot-linking prevention (so you cannot, say, link to the file from a page in the forum -- it can only be accessed directly, or from a link on your GeoCities site).

Another factor is that they auto-monitor bandwidth, and quickly shut down your page if it starts to take anything substantial -- which I noted had already occurred when I checked for the file a short while ago.

I did get to hear the work, though -- nicely done!

etLux

Viola,

I put it back on the old site, which has a new player. Its call SW_mix

http://www.musicv2.com/launch/mtlen

Its not done yet, but it gets the transition into the Imperial March.

Mark

Hey man! Sounds great so far! I cant wait to hear the rest of it. I did this piece a while back with only GPO, and if you want to hear mine, its @ www.samferrara.com/ImperialMarch.mp3 I hope you do a better job than mine! Lemme know whatcha think of mine, hehe..

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hey Fire..

Nice job! I like it! Thanks for sharing. I am still deciding how much of the march I am going to do before I transition back into the SW main theme, (I am thinking about 1-2 minutes or so) but I enjoyed listening to your work.

I also gotta remember to bring out the strings more in my piece

Mark

Matolen, for some reason I cannot access the demo.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast