• Register
  • Help

Topic: un-registerable state of GS3

Share/Bookmark

un-registerable state of GS3

I apparently made stupid mistake when installed GS 3 first time by pushing wrong button on registration procedure (something as renew your registration). Later I found that Tascam warned that such step might lead to 'un-registerable state', so for any further step full re-installing of Windows would be necessary.
    As I have lot of installed software, such procedure is too long and very unconvenient.
    Did anybody faced such stupid situation and is ther any way our?

I think it is shame that GS3 does have such mistake-leading registration trick.
    Thanks in advance.

Yang

Re: un-registerable state of GS3

Funny thing, 10 minutes after post, GS3 accepted new registration key without apparent reason why earlier attempts were rejected.
    But, my God, now I face some new issue that GS crashes whenever I try to load new instrument.
    IT IS JUST NEW PROBLEM NOW.
    Nothing changed on PC, just re-installed GS with new key (well, as I have 3 (same type) HDDs, I tried to re-install it on another one than it was initially).
    Now, I suppose that GS memorized somehow the initial instalation and conflicts with it.
    How to remove all traces of GS 3 previous installation?
    I think Tascam should provide some working solution, but didnot find usefull info in manual.

So much headache with GS3.

Yang

You should make sure GS3 is installed on your OS drive. If you move it to different drives then it detects you've installed it on a different system.

Thanx, you are right, now it works again.

Yang

As I have lot of installed software, such procedure is too long and very unconvenient.
    Did anybody faced such stupid situation and is ther any way our?

The only way, in my opinion, is to use a very good hard drive manager, with a very good ghost manager.

Personally, I use this one : http://www.hyperos2002.com/07042003/...s2004FEproduct

I have to say that without this soft, I would become crazy since a long time.

It takes only 2 minutes 30 seconds to restore a clean XP.

I can reinstall GS3 in 10 minutes, ready to work (after Quick Sound...).

GS reinstall itself in 10 seconds from the CD. The longest operation, is to restart the PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal
    The only way, in my opinion, is to use a very good hard drive manager, with a very good ghost manager.

Personally, I use this one : http://www.hyperos2002.com/07042003/...s2004FEproduct

I have to say that without this soft, I would become crazy since a long time.

It takes only 2 minutes 30 seconds to restore a clean XP.

I can reinstall GS3 in 10 minutes, ready to work (after Quick Sound...).
    GS reinstall itself in 10 seconds from the CD. The longest operation, is to restart the PC...
    That sounds very good, man. But would it really help with GS3 trouble-maker?
    Anyway I 'll try as this is probably only way not to finish in mad-house.

Yang

That sounds very good, man. But would it really help with GS3 trouble-maker?
    With HyperOS, the procedure I’ll recommend would be this :

On a clean hard drive :
    Partitioning the drive with 2 letters, C :, D : (Partition Magic is bundled with.)
    Install XP on C :
    Activate XP
    Install drivers
    Current optimizations of XP (disable the restore system too.)
    Clone XP on D : (then you get a second activated XP, no need to reactivate...)
    Swap on D :
    Ghost of C : (all ghosts have to be on another hard drive to get the faster stream.)
    Install all your VST and VSTIs... (personally I add the VSL Peftool : it needs an activation, now. I add MoL too, wich needs lots of settings.)
    Swap on C :
    Ghost of D :
    Swap on D :
    Install GS
    Activation and optimization of GS.
    Swap on C :
    Ghost of D :
    Swap on D :

That’s it.

Then GS can crash or bug anytime you want, you can restore on D: a functional activated OS, with or without GS on it.

It will take 3 hours the first time, but when it's done, your’re quiet for the rest of the year...

(Just one thing : never ever put any file on an OS drive. Not even a single link. All my files are stored on a separate letter drive, on RAID 1 drives.)

Your OS can crash any time you want, you can try any soft, any update, a drive can be dead, you lose absolutely nothing, and restore a functional drive in 5 min. max to continue your work...

That’s why I couldn’t do without HyperOS.

But I can’t lie to you, HyperOS needs several hours to handle. You have to read carefully the paper doc.

This is an investment.

Go Back to forum