• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Stupid things you've done while you're drunk

Share/Bookmark

OT: Stupid things you've done while you're drunk

Ok, this should be good for a laff.. Styxx, we're all looking to you

I'll get the ball rolling. My triumphs inlcude:

-having run out of cooking oil, trying to fry some bacon at 3 in the morning with fairy washing up liquid

-busking to an empty street[always a fund-raiser]

-falling out the back window from the top deck of a bus [that was a classic]

-I am told I am responsible for leading a naked streak of some 10 people around a clubhouse. I deny it completely.
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Re: OT: Stupid things you've done while you're drunk

According to your profile (I like your occupation ), you are my age, 19! Except in the USA you've gotta be 21 to be legally allowed to drink (and thus get drunk), so I'm guessing in the land of the leprechauns the age is only 18? Naughty, naughty!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I got caught. This was a bad thing, since I was still in high school.

I do not advocate underage drinking and in fact, since that day I have been against alcohol in all forms.

I never drink - ever - so therefor I never do anything stupid...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

When you're drunk, nothing you do is stupid.

It's when you become sober again that things look different......

To quote Douglas Adams...

Q - "What's wrong with being drunk?"
    A - "Ask a glass of water"
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

No offense to anyone who's posted anything here, but there's really nothing funny about getting drunk. If you know someone who's been hurt while drunk or has hurt others, this sort of thing loses all its humor. And I can tell you, I know a lot of saddening tales. Some very close to me, very close.

Okay, grown up moment over.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    No offense to anyone who's posted anything here, but there's really nothing funny about getting drunk. If you know someone who's been hurt while drunk or has hurt others, this sort of thing loses all its humor. And I can tell you, I know a lot of saddening tales. Some very close to me, very close.

Reality check. You are quite right. I lost a very close and excellent musician friend to alcoholism. It isn't funny.
    Styxx

age limit is 18 in Ireland. ho ho!!
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Unhappy Re: OT: Stupid things you've done while you're drunk

My ex shot through a bedroom window with a Colt 45 and blew out the back window and through the front window of our truck as I pushed our two year old daughter down. The bullet traveled 12 inches over her head. She did this because I refused to go by her another six pack of beer. Nine years later she had a boy with a fellow alcoholic and they both showed up for delivery blasted drunk. So he inherited his fathers low IQ plus FAS/E. He is now 17 and lives with me because my now 25 year old daughter burned out on raising him. Their mother died about five years ago from kidney failure and his father couldn't be bothered. He is enrolled in special education at the Choice high school where he reads at a seventh grade level and can only multiply a number by 2. He also suffers from chronic short term memory loss. I remember their mother telling me that her parents would drive to the bar with her and her two younger brothers and lock them in the car all day and bring them out sandwiches for lunch. People do a lot of stupid things when they are drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell

Very true. Alcoholism is a very big issue, and leads to tragedy all too often. However, I'd hate to see this thread turn into a recollection of the horrible things that have happened in our lives. I am sorry for everyone who has been affected by alcoholism. Drink responsibly.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum