• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: mod wheel crap again same problem again in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

mod wheel crap again same problem again in Sonar

ok I am using GPO again here and at first everything is fine(and this is happening to me everytime I use GPO) I input that is draw in the CC1 data it plays it smoothly everything is ok... Then I load up the project again and everything is not ok, the MOD wheel on Kompakt as it plays back the CC1 data is going up and down like a gating effect. The Modwheel data is not smooth it's eratic. What am I doing wrong I ran into this last time I got by it some how, and here it is again. I am not the only one that experiences this in Sonar am I? I need to find a solution to fix it and make it so it doesn't happen everytime I use GPO. Any help would be great thanks!

Re: mod wheel crap again same problem again in Sonar

Are you sure you don't have two tracks sending modulation data to one instrument. Don't laugh, its happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Are you sure you don't have two tracks sending modulation data to one instrument. Don't laugh, its happened to me.
    hey I am not laughing instead I'll act like a total dork here, how do you send two tracks to the same modulation? I mean I have my CC1 data on channel one. do you mean if you had cc1 on the same channel as the track? If I solo a track and just play it it's mod wheel crazyness, up down...it sort of plays ok but i hear the fluctuations on long notes. Thanks for the Fast reply!
    I am on my computer trying to fix this so I can record these tracks.

How about sending someone the midi file? If you feel comfortable doing that. Or better yet, find someone who shares a similar sequencer. Then they could open the project file and see if they see anything amiss. Just an idea. Its hard to troubleshoot problems when you can't see what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    How about sending someone the midi file? If you feel comfortable doing that. Or better yet, find someone who shares a similar sequencer. Then they could open the project file and see if they see anything amiss. Just an idea. Its hard to troubleshoot problems when you can't see what's happening.
    That's true I know Hayden on these forums uses Sonar and has not ran into this this problem.
    THe thing is it worked lastnight then I turn on Sonar today and it doesn't work right now. Strange. I hope it is my falt so I can correct it and never repeat it.

Let me know if I can help, I have Sonar 4.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaFlyer
    Let me know if I can help, I have Sonar 4.
    man this is so crazy LOL...i just said the hell with it and loaded a other save I have and now it works...it's the same file just a different save...I have no idea. hey BermudaFlyer do you ever run into any probs with Sonar 4 and say GPO? I have Sonar Producer 3 but maybe I should upgrade to Sonar 4, what do you like about Sonar 4? Is it better for mixing does GPO work flawlessly in it? Do your other DXI and Vst's work great in it?
    Thanks

Moving to Sonar 4 was easy. No problems or noticeable latency issues from 3.

Everything works as it did in 3. I had some problems early on with loading GPO... on one particular sequence, the instruments didn't load properly (they sounded like they were playing at crazy velocities, etc.). I never got to the bottom of it. Shortly after that, I upgraded to 2GB of RAM, and I haven't had a single performance issue since.

I moved to Sonar 4 mainly because it's 5.1 Surround capabilities... although I've yet to put it to practice! But it has many other perks. You should definately goto cakewalk.com and see the spec sheet.

I come from the old CC7/10 school... but now I am forcing myself to use the Modwheel for volume. So far, no problems! (fingers x'd)

Cheers
    Stevie G
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

[QUOTE=BermudaFlyer]Moving to Sonar 4 was easy. No problems or noticeable latency issues from 3.

Everything works as it did in 3. I had some problems early on with loading GPO... on one particular sequence, the instruments didn't load properly (they sounded like they were playing at crazy velocities, etc.). I never got to the bottom of it. Shortly after that, I upgraded to 2GB of RAM, and I haven't had a single performance issue since.

Yea that was crazy I mean it works, it doesn't work , and now it works LOL.
    I boggles the mind. I would upgrade no I was going to upgrade to Sonar 4 only I have to upgrade my computer first. Upgrading computer means reloading everything(nightmare) so I have been putting off. But I guess I'll have to break down and do it(pain in the$%^%$) Sonar 4 is good then huh.
    GPO will behave better and erratically? Maybe If I upgraded I wouldn't have any problems my comptuer is pretty out dated 1.6 1gig of ram(slow)
    Thanks for the feed back and replys. have to mix now.

Hey, I don't know if this helps but I have experienced this myself using Cubase SE and found out two of my instruments were on the same midi channel. That is to say they were recorded on separate tracks but I must have inadvertently changed the midi channel in the kontakt player somehow. For the life of me I couldn't tell when but must have been during set up of another instance from midi channel 9 up! I believe track 11 was midi channel 2 on the second instance. I did save it that way unbeknown until I opened the file later. Took me several minutes to figure it out after watching the mod wheel on track 2 move all over!
    Not saying this is what you did but just suggesting the possibility.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum