• Register
  • Help

Topic: Keyswitch Plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Keyswitch Plug-in

FinaleMac 2005b.
    I downloaded the KeyswitchExpressions file and tried to load them as a library. I get an error message (Error ID=-12). It appears to be a Finale file, but I get the same error code if I try to open it.

John

Re: Keyswitch Plug-in

John,

Try using a different browser. I just downloaded both files and they both opened in Finale 2005 without a problem. I used IE and Safari.

One file is a default Finale file with the keyswitch expressions already in the document. The other file is a text library file which you can bring into an existing document.

Jeff

I don't understand what you mean about *both* files. I'm talking about KeyswitchExpressions.mus. I downloaded it again, this time with IE (previously I'd used Safari).

I must be doing something wrong. I open a Finale file, go to File > Load Library > enable All Files, and choose KeyswitchExpressions.mus. I still get the error message.

John

John,

On the GPO/Finale resource page
    http://www.garritan.com/GPO-FinalePage.html

Scroll dwon to where you see the keyswitch plug-in reference.
    (It's mistakenly labelled a plug-in. it is not one)

There's a link labelled "keyswitchexpression.mus". Either click or control click on that link to download a complete finale file with the expression library built in.

If that doesn't work, directly under that link is one that says something like,
    "try this one" I don't remember the exact wording. Control click on that link to download it. It should download a text library file. Open a finale document, click load library, scroll to the folder you downloaded to, under type of file select show all files. Then select this file to load into your document. The check the text expressions in that file to see if the new ones have been added.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

That did it, the "try this one" link. The text expressions have been added.

John

Finale 2005b / Windows

I've tried several times to get these to work. The .mus just comes back as a bad file.

When I load the .lib, it says it loads alright -- but it adds no new text expressions.

Anyone have an idea what I'm screwing up... lol?

Thanks!

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski

Sorry David I don't know. The .lib file worked for me on Finale 2005b/Mac but I did have to download it several times before it did. I'll email the file to you in case that might help.

John

Thanks much, John, for the offer; but I know the files are fine, per se.

In any event, I'm on Windows and you're on a Mac... and the files aren't likely to be compatible.

This is probably one of my blind-and-stupid mishaps, where I'm staring the obvious in the face and not seeing it... lol.

Perhaps someone on Finale/Windows will come along and kindly straighten me out.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

<Perhaps someone on Finale/Windows will come along and kindly <straighten me out.

I hope so, because once you've got it working it is terriffic. One "Player" is enough for all strings.

Good luck
    John

I certainly hope so, John!

I get the general idea, and have made text expressions for this myself; but it surely would save a lot of work for me.

Surely I'm not the only poor sod having difficulty on this one... lol.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum