• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Voxengo Pristine Space VST 1.4 released

Voxengo Pristine Space VST 1.4 released

A free update for Pristine Space is now available for download. Pristine Space is a convolution (impulse reverb) processor in PC VST plug-in format with eight independent convolution channels. Pristine Space can be used in mono, stereo and various surround channel configurations.

Version 1.4 fixes several minor issues that were compromising general plug-in's stability. Another improvement in this version is an increased preset bank size. It can now hold up to 64 presets. This should allow the user to create more convenient reverb impulse preset banks.

This version also features an advanced "Latency +512" global option which should be used in conjunction with the impulse files generated by Voxengo Impulse Modeler. Before using this option please read a special section of the user's manual.

Pristine Space features:

* Up to 8 convolution channels
    * Loading of up to 8 impulse files
    * Non-destructive impulse editing
    * Linear-phase impulse equalizer
    * Several latency options
    * Comprehensive routing
    * Serial convolution processing
    * WAV and AIFF format support
    * Multi-channel file support
    * Built-in sample rate converter
    * True zero-latency processing
    * Search paths mechanism
    * Factory presets
    * "A-to-B" comparisons
    * Support of all output sample rates
    * Low quality mode for CPU cycles saving
    * High convolution precision
    * SSE/SSE2 and 3DNow! optimizations

Pristine Space is available on-line for USD 139.95. It is also available in bundle with Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver applications for USD 169.95. For more information, downloads and other professional audio software you can visit the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com

Re: Voxengo Pristine Space VST 1.4 released

Don't be offended or anything, but I geniunely have to ask this question...

What does Pristine Space offer over SIR or Convo-boy that makes it worth 139 dollars. I know there was some dialog that SIR does not represent some high quality IR's in the best way. What destructive process does it go through when in use by SIR to cause this?

Is the main draw for Pristine Space the ability to edit the IR? The zero latency?

Just curious. I really want to get it, but I have no need to edit IR's. So that ability is wasted on me. No chance of just a great engine at a cheaper price is there? I just find it hard to justify this expense, especially considering there's no commercial IR library with it (ie: Waves IR, Altiverb, or other.)

Joseph, you get a very low latency and 8-channel convolution (and a variety of other options). I do not see a reason to reduce its price. Nowadays 'commercial IR library' does not justify the price either. At least I'm not interested in making user life harder by inventing yet another IR format just to show everyone impulses bundled with Pristine Space are commercial.

Okay. As someone not current on the IR technology I just don't understand what sets Pristine Space a bar higher than the other engines. Its nothing against you or your products (of which I am a happy owner of a few.) Its just that if I don't understand the benefit, its hard to justify the price. And for the record, I meant that it would be nice to have a cheaper, less functional version of Pristine Space for those of us that don't really (want/need/know how to) tweak knobs. There are IR libraries out there and I will buy them, I don't expect you to include a commercial library with your product (however it would be nice.) Thanks anyway, I'm still deciding and just as confused as I was when I started.

Joseph, indeed, having a 'simplified' 2channel Pristine Space would be great, and I do have plans to produce it one day.

What would you like to see in a commercial impulse response library?

Well I just bought the Samplicity set, which are impulses from a much applauded hardware unit. I would be interested in more of these as well as natural IR's from good environments. There aren't a lot of options at present besides free impulses from Noise Vault so any more entries into the market would be good.

Good to hear a simplified version might be available one day. Should I just wait? Money's tight right now.

Joseph, don't allow my plans stop your plans. If you think SIR or ConvoBoy is a better deal, why not start using them?

No problem. I'll get yours no matter what anyway. Voxengo stuff is tops. I just bought your master compressor (Polysquasher) not a couple of hours ago. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for your support, Joseph!

Pristine Space ROCKS!

Best convolution plugin for this small amount of money!

Joseph, for use with your stereo-to-stereo Samplicity impulses, Pristine Space is a lot better than SIR. SIR does not support stereo-to-stereo. And there is a very significant different in sound between m-s and s-s, even with centered source sounds. Just because you are stacking two separately constructed IR's from the SAME unit or hall. I guess maybe this is some practical type of using "decorrelated" processing.

Anyway, make sure to be able to use the s-s versions (and have the horsepower to run a few of them, for orchestral music )

And you get email replies from Aleksey within 1 day, whereas my question(s) to SIR's developer never got answered...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast