• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any opinions on these VST's....

Share/Bookmark

Any opinions on these VST's....

Lately I've been listening to the Harry Gregson-Williams "Man on Fire" soundtrack. I love the way he combines the orchestra with really edgy snippets of distorted audio etc. I have been considering the following VST's and wonder if any of you own them and have an opinion to share.

1) Altered States

2) Morphology

3) Click (from Big Fish Audio)

4) Adrenaline

Any help would be appreciated.

All the very best,

Darren

PS I already own:

Atmosphere
    Xphrase
    Vapor
    Gold
    Silver
    Stormdrum
    Ultra Focus
    Halion 2.0
    X-Treme FX
    Bosendorfer 290
    Artist Drums
    Cult Sampler
    Hardcore Bass
    Plugsound Box

PSS Perhaps I don't really need another VST. Just time to use the ones I have ; )

Re: Any opinions on these VST's....

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick
    PSS Perhaps I don't really need another VST. Just time to use the ones I have ; )
    Umm... you just 'might' have something there. :-)

Oops... I also meant to say that Man on Fire sounds like it might be worth checking out.

...and not to be 'flippant' but seriously... you should have enough fire power to realize what you want to do. That said... Altered States is kind of cool for some off-the-wall sounds. It's actually a pretty good deal if you were to consider all of the individual libraries that have been folded into it, and I find that there is generally some useable weirdness to be mined from it whenever I call it up.

Considering what you already have... AS might be an interesting addition.

Seq,

Thanks for the tip. Definitely check out Man on Fire. It runs the gamut from beautiful spanish guitar to nasty raves to lush orchestra. The movie itself features some pretty darn cool visual editing as well.

I'm getting to be one of those guys that has fianlly reached a level where I can afford the stuff I've dreamed of but have no time to use it. I wish they had this stuff 20 years ago. I would have ruled the world!!!! ; )

All the very best,

Darren

I'd give the Xphraze Xpansions a look.....expand the power of what you
    already have

If I were to add to the list you have ....I'd go for Stylus RMX and get the
    Metamorphosis expansion to substitute for Altered States.

no offence but with what you already have you could give that soundtrack your talking about run for it's money. It's a not about of getting more and more new synths it's about what you can do with the synths you have. With just Vapor and Atmosphere with and Orchestra Library you could do great things. Just keep digging deeper in what you already have you really don't need more for creativity.

I have Rmx and atmosphere what would you suggest to get besides these for more creativity..

Im running Live, rmx and atmosphere.. I produce drum and bass, techno, house, trip hop, and some hip hop funk.

Thanks in advance

go for Halion 3

Much better than Halion 2

all the best
    Bo

Hmmmm...

Well all good advice so far..... master what you have, you have plenty!!!!

But I understand that we always want more. No sin in that!!!!!!

And regarding the "Man on Fire" Soundtrack....... I appreciate and respect your reference to it.
    Most people have not found the depth that this soundtrack truly has.... let alone the movie. To me.... 4 stars on both counts.... That's why I'm not a film critic!! )

Certain people are drawn to certain themes. I for one.... identify with the draw that you feel for this score. Stay with your heart!!!!

Ho!!!!!

Go Back to forum