• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius to GPO, via Tracktion??

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius to GPO, via Tracktion??

Hi everyone

I have a Powerbook G4 1Ghz, 1Gb, OS 10.2.8, and I'm using Sibelius routed through to ProTools, which hosts a GPO player. I've finally realized that ProTools' performance truly sucks. Tracktion appears to handle GPO like a dream. Just one thing that I'm missing is the ability to route Sibelius to Tracktion, for real time playback. How can one do this? Are there software midi routers available that can achieve this? If anyone has used Sibelius and Tracktion in this way, or found an even better solution with possibly a different DAW, please let me know. I guess the overall question is: What options are available for routing Sibelius through to GPO? I really don't want to use the GPO Studio - on my hardware I get similar performance to ProTools. Why is it that Tracktion can achieve such good results??

Thank you

Regards
    Deon.

Smile Re: Sibelius to GPO, via Tracktion??

Hello Deon,
    Do a search on this site for `Bidule'. It is a virtual MIDI router that Joseph Burell highly recommends. I'm betting this would be the answer for you.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Sibelius to GPO, via Tracktion??

Quote Originally Posted by LFO
    Hello Deon,
    Do a search on this site for `Bidule'. It is a virtual MIDI router that Joseph Burell highly recommends. I'm betting this would be the answer for you.

-Kevin
    Thank you so much Kevin. I'll give it a try.

Regards
    Deon

Go Back to forum