• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pre-setting the modwheel?

Share/Bookmark

Question Pre-setting the modwheel?

Does any one out there know how to pre-set the mod wheel with out having to lift the position of the mod wheel after session loading so that each instrument can be heard properly?

I currently have 3 instances and to fiddle with this before I begin every session is rather time consuming. Is there a clever way this can be solved with out having to perform this task every time I load my session?

Any insight or tips would be grately valued!

Re: Pre-setting the modwheel?

Simplest way is to add a CC1 event at the beginning of the track, copy/paste as you go - depending on your platform, this could become a macro event press Ctrl-Alt 1 to add CC1 at 64 to the current track...)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Thank you very much for that. I am using DP 4.12 and using GPO as plug in .

I will try investigating this.

Thank you for your help!

much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Simplest way is to add a CC1 event at the beginning of the track, copy/paste as you go - depending on your platform, this could become a macro event press Ctrl-Alt 1 to add CC1 at 64 to the current track...)

Thumbs up Re: Pre-setting the modwheel?

Cool, I'm going to have to try that myself. I've been either drawing or recording in a little mod "bump" if you will to start off each track. It works fine only you must draw the control in to match your first recorded mod control on the track so as not to get an abrupt change.
    Does this sound logical to you Mr. Spock?
    Doctor, logic is not a human trait.
    Blast your confounded observations Spock!
    Doctor, I see no need for your irrational out break.
    Bite me!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    Thank you very much for that. I am using DP 4.12 and using GPO as plug in .

I will try investigating this.

Thank you for your help!

much appreciated!
    I have been setting each track individually with DP. If you figure out a macro, let us know.

Ed

What I do if I don't feel like entering mod data (in GPO Studio) is this:
    In the GPO Studio window, click on settings, and then 'mode', then check 'ignore mod wheel'.
    Then all mod values are ignored and probably set to somewhere around 100. However, this means that all brass is at it's loudest (and therefore brightest) sound, so it may sound unnatural. You really should change the mod wheel settings throughout your peice depending on the desired dynamic level.

Hope this helps,
    Chris

If you figure out a macro, let us know.
    use DP myself, and I'm not sure if the old macro program from the SE30 days is still around, but if it is, it would do this.

BUT - in DP, make a Clipping, just a CC1 at your favorite velocity (or maybe several, at say, 24, 48, 64, 96, 108) and just drag & drop...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum