• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What do I do with this Customer?

Share/Bookmark

What do I do with this Customer?

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, a customer wants a refund because GPO is unable to load into Halion.

And this customer thinks he is entitled to a refund because, although it is stated GPO will run in Kontakt, it was not specifically stated it WON'T work in Halion or other samplers.

This hypothetical customer obviously has not read the licensing agreement in the Native Instruments Player or in GPO.

And has been insistent. Remember the thread "Customer Disservice-Is the customer is always right?"

What would you do? Refund his money? Or abide by the license agreement?

Gary Garritan

Re: What do I do with this Customer?

Hmmmm.... Even with the copy protection in place, there's no guarantee he'll rid himself of the samples. Nope. That'll teach him to read the product specifications and license more thoroughly next time. Them's the breaks in the sample world.

Gary,

GPO also doesn't say that I can't put the GPO CDs on my victrola and "kick them old school", but I'm at least not that daft.

I'd say kick him to the curb, but you shouldn't take a loss for his mistake...I'm not sure how to split the difference.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Refer him to this forum and let loose the dogs of war on him...we'll work him over for you.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

If you can truly void his license, refund the cash. In that case you can guarantee that he can't use it. This customer is either slow, beligerent or both. It might be worth it not to deal with him anymore.

On the other hand, if you can't ensure that he's not using the lib anyway, abide by the license. No need to give GPO away.

-JF

It's his problem. He should have been intelligent enough to ask questions and maybe register in the forums and post some questions there.

How stupid can somebody possibly get?

My guess is that he's either very stupid or he's playing mind games. Either way, send him on his way and tell him that the included Kontakt player will allow him to use the library to it's full potential.

He has a product that works if used as specified (with the included Kontakt player or with NI's full version Kontakt player), just because he's not satisfied with it doesn't mean he should screw you around and waste your time.

I say send him on his way.

Before I got GPO, I made posts on this forum to ensure that GPO would work on my system, and I've seen many others do the same. There is no excuse for not realizing GPO is unable to work with Halion. It might sound mean, and I don't want to make it sound like I am judging the man's integrity, but if he's going to purchase libraries like GPO, he needs to learn to do his homework.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

If he hasn't registered it, then I don't see why you can't refund his money and send him on his way. Life is too short to try and make a point with people that don't pay attention. That's why I lurk in most forums nowadays (present forum and company excluded, of course)
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Smile Re: What do I do with this Customer?

Hey Gary,
    That is a tough one in the sample or VSTi realm. Honestly I'm a bit taken back by the thought of YOU having an unsatisfied customer. This is unheard of isnt it? Lol. If you are worried that saying "Yes I'll refund" to this customer will open the flood gates for many others to hack the samples and player and then get refunded, stick by your guns and explain in the nicest way that this program doesnt function in the way that he wants but that it should be functional for whatever application he is runnng anyway. It always sucks to have someone not be happy with your product or services but I think this whole forum will back me up on the fact that your service is completely unparalleled in this industry and your product blows the price/quality ratio out of the water. Best of luck on this and try to get some sleep tonight anyway Gary. You deserve it.

Not to go against the grain here, but I would refund him. Definitely.

I neither need nor want this kind of customer. It wouldn't be worth my time to argue and stress over it.

Of course you're right, but that's irrelevant.

The last thing I would want is for some irrate customer to start a "GPO sucks" blog and lose me potential customers.... and for what? 200 bucks?

Come on.

Dimitri

Go Back to forum