• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL in kontakt 2...

Share/Bookmark

VSL in kontakt 2...

have you seen the details of Kontakt2 library? it was announced some day ago

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...kontakt2lib_us

if you qualitfy for the upgrade (i do), you can spend about 150€ and get 7.5 GB of samples from the VSL Orchestra:"A complete instrument set of an orchestra with 30 instruments, including special legato and repetition instruments, using the KONTAKT Script Processor "

since i think that i will go for the upgrade (although i have to verify that my p4 2.4 GHz is able to handle it...), i wonder how this sample collection is compared to GPO...

in a future upgrade will GPO make use of the kontakt script (which seem incredible, at least in words... )

Lightbulb Re: VSL in kontakt 2...

Although I've mentioned this in another (Kontakt section) thread, it probably bears repeating here: Native Instruments (US) will let you update your Kontakt PLAYER (that which is included in GPO) to FULL Kontakt 1.5x for somewhere very near $229 and then upgrade to FULL Kontakt 2 (with all the extras included for a new sale) for (what was quoted to me) $89.

(There are some other numbers on the NI website upgrade pages, so there may be a $10 or $20 confusion here somewhere -- certainly nothing that would be a showstopper.)

This coule be an interesting option if you want to add a LOT of sample content and a full functionoing softSampler for around $330.

KevinKauai

Re: VSL in kontakt 2...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    <snip>Native Instruments (US) will let you update your Kontakt PLAYER (that which is included in GPO) to FULL Kontakt 1.5x for somewhere very near $229 <snip>
    Kevin,

I'm having trouble finding the exact product URL for this upgrade on the NI website. Can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Go Back to forum