• Register
  • Help

Topic: Samplicity Impulse Library

Thumbs up Samplicity Impulse Library

I bought this this morning and because Peter Roos (the developer) is the kind soul that he is, he allowed me to download the impulses instead of having to wait on them to arrive in the mail. Peter was also kind enough to answer all of my questions and has been a blast to deal with.

So, how's the impulse library? I am absolutely floored with the quality of this thing. Peter has done an amazing job with this library. There are so many impulses here, its kind of mind blowing to start with. I think there's something here for every occasion. What stands out from the start is how clean the impulses are compared to the freebies found on NoiseVault and other places around the net. These IR's are PRISTINE! Most impulse banks in this IR collection offer center, left, and right IR's which are very nice if your convolution engine support multiple IR's per instance. I bought the .wav version of the library for compatibility with the majority of the convolution engines and it works fine in SIR and the demo of Convo Boy. I plan on trying it out in Pristine Space later.

I absolutely can't say enough about this impulse collection. I can't wait to see what else he's bringing out. If you have SIR but can't find the sound you're looking for with the free IR's, chances are that its in this collection. You won't find a better deal anywhere. Makes me wish I hadn't spent a hundred fifty bucks on RoomVerb.

Highly recommended. And a special thanks to Peter for all the help.

Re: Samplicity Impulse Library

Joseph, looking through your post... do you have a link for more info on this product? Or, did I miss it?

Oh, I see... there is a scattering of threads related to this. Nevermind... and thanks!

For everyone else:

Hey Joseph!

Thank you VERY much for your kind words (and I also like to thank the other users for their very positive feedback).

This feels really rewarding for the time, attention and dedication that has went into the creation of this Impulse Response library. For me it also confirms that making IR's is really not just aim and shoot. Otherwise there would have been no difference with any "free" IR's that emulate the same hardware box.

I do not yet have finished follow-up plans.

Maybe I'll try to create a library with unique ambiences created with both a Lex960 AND a TC 6000. Routing and processing ER's separately from tails, and then EQ-ing, mixing, morphing, whatever. The sky is the limit. I'm not sure about continuing with a "presets" approach.

Go Back to forum