• Register
  • Help

Topic: please help w/midi from gs to audio in cubase

Share/Bookmark

please help w/midi from gs to audio in cubase

I am desperately trying to record midi into audio using GS and cubase 3.65. I am doing something wrong because it will record a .wav file but there is no audio in it. How do you configure this? I have a project due tom. and I need to get this figured out. I can\'t use the capture feature because for some reason its not lining up the tracks right in a piece.

thanks,
    dc

Re: please help w/midi from gs to audio in cubase

DC,

Also using GS and Cubase 3.65.

Make sure on your sound card\'s mixer, under recording properties, that you have \"Wave\" selected as your recording source. Although you can hear GS playing your midi, Cubase will only record the audio if wave is selected as the recording source.

Hope this helps.

BK

Re: please help w/midi from gs to audio in cubase

Thank you so much for your reply,

I am using a gina card and a soundblaster PCI 64 card. As I\'m sure you know gina is not multi client right now so I can\'t record from it. As far as selecting wave in the recording on the soundblaster mixer I didn\'t see it there (I saw mic, aux, etc.) but no wave. Now there is a wave on the playback but not on recording. What do I need to do? I would rather use the recording capabilities in Cubase but if I can\'t get it to work how to I set it up in Cubase to sync to GS capture now that I have the latency down?

Thanks again,

Donnie

Go Back to forum