• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO new user - help!

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO new user - help!

New user, have just installed GPO and Cubasis VST 4. I import a midi file with 4 channels and in Cubasis assign the 4 tracks to GPO studio 1, 2,,3 and 4. Then I load four instruments in GPO Studio (players 1-4) but can only hear player 1 on replay. The leds are flashing in GPO studio for players 2 and 3 but no sound. Player 4 does not show any activity. Clicking the virtual keyboard keys for all 4 players produces correct instrumental sound through the speakers. I am using a basic on-board soundcard, Soundmax (non - ASIO). I feel there is something basic I am not doing, and as a newcomer am at a loss - would appreciate any suggestions. MY PC has I GB ram, and is P4, with good resources.

Re: GPO new user - help!

Make sure the midi channel assignments for the midi tracks match those in the Kontakt Player in GPO Studio. It sounds like you've got the routing right, but the midi channels are off.

Just curious, why are you using GPO Studio instead of loading GPO as a VSTi in Cubase VST?

As a new user myself, I have found that no sound may arise if you have loaded a keyswitch instrument and one or more of your tracks is assigned to a subsidiary articulation channel (eg pizz,mutes etc) which is not currently employed. Also, after channels have been loaded, I give the mod wheel a tweak or two, which seems to warm the engine up a bit. None of this, of course, may be relevant to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Make sure the midi channel assignments for the midi tracks match those in the Kontakt Player in GPO Studio. It sounds like you've got the routing right, but the midi channels are off.

Just curious, why are you using GPO Studio instead of loading GPO as a VSTi in Cubase VST?
    Thanks for reply.
    I don't know - maybe that's whats wrong. How do I load GPO as a VSTi - sorry I really am new at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene
    Thanks for reply.
    I don't know - maybe that's whats wrong. How do I load GPO as a VSTi - sorry I really am new at this.

Richard

Go Back to forum