• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What does s/pdif use?

Share/Bookmark

What does s/pdif use?

What sort of cables does s/pdif need? I see various companies selling RCA cables specifically for s/pdif, but I have a feeling that I could go to radioshack and purchase equally sufficient cables.

What are the specs? Thanks in advance.

Re: What does s/pdif use?

RCA cable. Gold plated. Heavily Shielded. I always buy the ones specifically for spdif just to be on the safe side. But I accidently put a regular RCA once on my DAT and if I remember correctly it worked too.

Cheers,

Jose

Whats this 75 ohms business? Video coaxial? Jargon to me!

Details bitte.

I bought an Apogee Wyde-eye cable; http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/wydeeyecables.php

It supposed to have better sheilding and less chance of introducing jitter or something.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    Whats this 75 ohms business? Video coaxial? Jargon to me!

Details bitte.
    Have no idea. Like I said, I just by a spdif cable and leave it at that. Play it safe. It's only a couple of bucks.

Cheers,

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    What sort of cables does s/pdif need? I see various companies selling RCA cables specifically for s/pdif, but I have a feeling that I could go to radioshack and purchase equally sufficient cables.

What are the specs? Thanks in advance.
    You can use a regular RCA cable up to about 3ft, beyond that use a proper spdif cable.

To be specific, it's a 75? cable with RCA plugs. Yes, video cable is the same thing.

Apogee Wyde Eye is supposed to be good, but if you don't want to spend that much, Radio Shack's digital cable is absolutely fine and not very expensive.

Thanks fellas. Nick, I'm taking your advice from the other thread and using the s/pdif in/out on my MiaMidi machine. Hopefully it works out fine.

I only need like 2-3 feet.

I'd stick with just the standard two. You'd need a third leg to attach the extra one to, and that would look silly. Plus you'd have to have all your pants altered.

Shut up Batzdorf, that's not funny.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast