• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO VST Instruments not selectable

Share/Bookmark

GPO VST Instruments not selectable

New User needs help to get started!
    In Cubasis VST 4 when I click on VST Instruments, I do not get "Personal Orchestra VST" as an option. So I cannot access the sounds via the Kontakt module.
    New to Cubasis and GPO, I would appreciate a help with this.

Re: GPO VST Instruments not selectable

The first question is, what order did you install GPO and Cubasis in? The point being that you need to install Cubasis before you install GPO. When you install GPO it asks you if you want to install VST plug-ins and where - you would have to have a VST host (Cubase) installed on your system for there to be the necessary folders in place. I remember the same thing happened to me when I first got GPO. I do not, however, at the moment remember exactly what I did to fix it. I think I had to reinstall GPO after I had installed Cubasis. I hope this at least of some help.

I did that.
    (installed GPO before cubasis)
    I had to completely reinstall GPO and then I was allright for the VSTi's and DXi's. The reinstall also solved a lot of my other small errors.

But only reinstall as your last resort. It's quite a pain (it was for me, at least).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    The first question is, what order did you install GPO and Cubasis in? The point being that you need to install Cubasis before you install GPO. When you install GPO it asks you if you want to install VST plug-ins and where - you would have to have a VST host (Cubase) installed on your system for there to be the necessary folders in place. I remember the same thing happened to me when I first got GPO. I do not, however, at the moment remember exactly what I did to fix it. I think I had to reinstall GPO after I had installed Cubasis. I hope this at least of some help.
    Yes thanks for that - I discovered that the GPO VST was installed in the wrong folder because I had installed Cubasis after GPO. I solved the problem by copying the GPO VST file in to the cubasis folder - and now I am getting all channels sounding.
    Thanks for your help.

One reason I'm thinking most people installed Cubasis after GPO installation is because that's the order it's listed in the GPO installation booklet (see p. 52, where it says, "now that you've selected your orchestral instruments, your score is prepared.... etc." and then goes on to give directions for installing Cubasis. Maybe that needs to be reversed in the next booklet?

Can anyone tell me how to get the GPO Vst into the Cubasis folder (I'm not even sure what those things are). Because I also can't "find" GPO in my Cubasis program, which is why I haven't been able to use it!

Steve Main
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Once I think I did sometheing like this, when I couldn´t find it in Cubase.

I copied the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll from the folder:

"C:\Program\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST"

and pasted it in the folder:

"C:\Program\Steinberg\Vstplugins" or a least some where in the "Cubasis VST 4.0-folder"

Perhaps you can try something similar..

Thomas
    "Every journey, even one of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

Like everyone else, I installed in the wrong order because cubasis is on the last disk. But I discovered it doesn't matter. As long as you installed it somewhere on your hard disk. Your computer will offer to search for it. Once it finds it, it knows the route ever after.

Go Back to forum