• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere = WOW!

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere = WOW!

I've been hunting around for some good pad sounds -- everything from nice mellow stuff to more interesting & evolving pads, and had completely forgotten about Atmosphere. So I ordered it, it arrived today, and I have to say that this is really an AWESOME soft-synth. I couldn't be happier at how many options there are. So if you're looking for interesting pads and textures, you might wanna check this one out. It's impressive & doesn't disappoint.

Kerry

Re: Atmosphere = WOW!

Yes, it's an excellent program. So glad I have a copy myself. Although most of my libs are orchestral, it's great to have Atmosphere for the synth type pads and such...

I got Atmosphere back on February 3rd, 2003 and it is still one of the most used tools in my setup. It continues to inspire and prove itself useful. Problem is it's so good that even at over 3GB of sounds you find yourself thinking "Man, it would be awesome to have even more of these sounds." I wonder if they'll ever do that, it seems to have been such an exhaustive project but I can't help but think that Eric Persing still has several new pad and atmosphere ideas floating around. Well, only time will tell and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the software too.

I was a late-comer to Atmosphere as well, what a great sound palette to work with(and easy to edit in a hurry). Spectrum, you make all us musical working stiffs look good.
    a $120k business degree will get you a job on Wall Street - a $120k Berklee degree will get you a job on Beale Street...

Thanks guys!

Happy Easter!

:-)

spectrum

No Eric, THANK YOU for making a friggin' amazing product. there's another thread featuring a string piece I did using the Hollywood String Section from Atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Lichtman
    I got Atmosphere back on February 3rd, 2003 and it is still one of the most used tools in my setup. It continues to inspire and prove itself useful. Problem is it's so good that even at over 3GB of sounds you find yourself thinking "Man, it would be awesome to have even more of these sounds." I wonder if they'll ever do that, it seems to have been such an exhaustive project but I can't help but think that Eric Persing still has several new pad and atmosphere ideas floating around. Well, only time will tell and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the software too.
    I've always wondered if Persing will produce a large scale strings collection - back before all the large sample libraries came into being, the Roland string sounds were head and shoulders above all others - I still use some of them even now. From what I have heard, the included string sounds in Atmosphere are very impressive, and definetly add to what was achieved in the old Roland units. I would be very interested in seeing a full fledged string collection with the gamut of what is possible with string instruments...

I'm VERY happy with it, and recommended it to "wolfnote", who cannot get it to open in DP 4.12 ('been trying for a week now).

(See thread under virtual instruments". If anyone has any ideas, please help him out!!)

I'm still waiting for the sounds from the Spectrasonics Dynamic Drum Kits board from the Roland XV-5080 to come out in 24-bit soft-sampler form. Those are some sweet sounds. Any chance of that happening oh wise and great one?

Happy Easter back atcha!
    a $120k business degree will get you a job on Wall Street - a $120k Berklee degree will get you a job on Beale Street...

Eric's the greatest and I never saw a picture of him NOT smiling.

Go Back to forum