• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga ports not lighting green.

Share/Bookmark

Giga ports not lighting green.

I installed Gigastudio 2.5 on my new DAW. I've tried everything, but I can't seem to get the port numbers to light dark green - they're just remaining white.

Anybody have an idea why this would be, and how I could fix it? I'm going nuts!

Re: Giga ports not lighting green.

Hi Aaron. I had something similar. Reinstalled the Sound card and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Babunovic
    Hi Aaron. I had something similar. Reinstalled the Sound card and drivers.
    Same here on my first install. Reinstall your soundcard/MIDI drivers and make sure they are the most recent versions. That fixed it for me.

I just had the same thing, only i had to do this...reinstal midi drivers ,soundcard drivers and then uninstal GS and re-instal with the latest update! I cant wait untill i never have to use this piece of crap program again..oops, if Tascam finds out i just said that, GS might stop working again

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    I cant wait untill i never have to use this piece of crap program again..oops, if Tascam finds out i just said that, GS might stop working again
    Join us in the happy Kontakt land. I used GS 2.5 but only after switching to Kontakt I've actually managed to get something done instead of hoping that the sampler would work. It seems that the GS3 hasn't made things any better. I hope I don't summon any bad luck storming over my computer with this comment, Windows can make any good thing turn to ashes in no time.

Actually, GS3 has been bullet proof and a pleasure to use so far. I just had to get it to like my sound/MIDI drivers But I love the program.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

GS 3.0 is incredibly solid. It is hardly a piece of crap, nor is GS 2.5.

Once Aaron gets it working, it will be bulletproof. Aaron, I would suggest doing the uninstall/reinstall routines mentioned. For some reason, there is something in your system grabbing the MIDI drivers away from Giga where it can't get them. It could be the system itself, an overzealous ASIO component...you just don't know until you start clearing things out and putting them back in.

Personally, I think Tascam should release a minimal OS add-on so the Windows baggage can be dropped. We're half way there anyway with people dedicated PC's to GS. Why not just finish it up and release a GS that basically turns a PC into a "rock solid under all conditions" instrument?

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie
    Personally, I think Tascam should release a minimal OS add-on so the Windows baggage can be dropped. We're half way there anyway with people dedicated PC's to GS. Why not just finish it up and release a GS that basically turns a PC into a "rock solid under all conditions" instrument?

Ernie

Interesting idea. My GS3 machine is entirely dedicated so as long as they wrote in a few things like DVD-R drive support and such I'd be happy to let GS3 be the OS and ditch Windows alltogether. Though it seems a bit extreme; I'm not having any problems.

Didn't work. Physically reinstalled card twice. Then I ran a diagnostic:

It seems some of the midi ins are taken up by the Maple software which I UNINSTALLED (whats with software sticking around when uninstalling, seriously). How the heck am I supposed to find the drivers so I can get rid of it?

Go Back to forum