• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The reason I have been abcent for nearly two months..

Share/Bookmark

The reason I have been abcent for nearly two months..

Hey guys,

I know you've all missed me dearly, , and I feel i should give some explaining as to my abcence. Ive spent most of my time with two projects, my ZREO project, and one im going to share with you now.

I can imagine you all have seen the move, Pirates of the Caribbean? Or at least heard of it? Well, you may or may not know the music was done by Hans Zimmer and a few others. I really enjoyed the soundtrack to this movie, and felt the need to try and do it myself, but instead of doing what Ii always do, I decided to try something new, to make a medley. So without further ado, I present, The Pirates of the Caribbean Medley.

http://www.samferrara.com/PiratesOfT...beanMedley.mp3

~Sam (FireGS)

(please dont move me)
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: The reason I have been abcent for nearly two months..

Sam,

Welcome back! We missed seeing your around here. When I am landed I will listen to your version of Pirates of the Caribbean. Looking forward to it.

Gary Garitan

Like Gary said, it's good to have you back Sam. I was concerned that maybe you decided to bag the midi music thing. I'm glad you are still crankin' out GPO!

How did you create this long piece?

dpDan

Well, i started by taking a bunch of major themes that i kept hearing thru the movies and composed them as a bunch of partial songs... then realized they all COULD share a bonding point, as i read somewhere, i just arranged the pieces into what ya hear! :-)

~FIre
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Dude this sounds horrible...flat, no expression, just a straight midi file ...

What I cant understand is....you obviously have great ears and good understanding of orchestration and composition...so my question is how come you didnt hear that this sounds horrible after first minute, but instead went on and painfully did all 11 minutes?

Use CC#11....slide/overlap some notes a bit...give it some life...I know you only have GPO but even with that this can be better...

TJ

Your username is quite fitting, I might say. Sorry if it sounds flat to you, but it IS what the music is, so go yell at Hans Zimmer, not me.

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

It's downloading.
    So who is Klaus Bedalt when he's at home then?

Sorry for being rough around edges..

When I say flat I speak about timing of the notes and expression...

Acctualy the only reason that made me post is that there is a huge gap betwen the talent as and orchestrator that you have and the result that you posted...

On the other hand if the point of this post was to show that you have wrote down huge part of the score with great precision ..then I congratulate you, in those terms its a great acheavment...

TJ

So, its basically a knock at GPO as a library?

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

A bit dry, could have done with a little bit of reverb, otherwise some great orchestrating there - you have a well developed ear.
    But, again... what happened to Klaus Bedalt? He was the composer... Hans Zimmer produced I believe as he does often. But it was Klaus Bedalt who did that actual soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is doing the score to the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels.

Go Back to forum