• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quiet, high pitched sound occurring w/ Audiophile 2496

Share/Bookmark

Quiet, high pitched sound occurring w/ Audiophile 2496

This is something new that's been happening lately. If it's totally quiet, and Windows makes a beep or something, I can hear a faint, high pitched tone as soon as the sound is played..and it lasts for just a brief split second after the sound is done playing.

Similarly, if I play an mp3, I can hear it very faintly, and when I stop playing, it lasts for probably a few seconds, then fades. What would be causing this?? It's driving me nuts.

Oh, here's the really really weird part. Even with my speakers totally turned off, when I start playing a tune, I hear the sound. How bizarre is that?
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Re: Quiet, high pitched sound occurring w/ Audiophile 2496

I suspect it must be the soundcard. Does it make a sound when you are dragging windows around ?
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Not to be off topic, but after SP2 was installed my computer beeps every 30 minutes or so. Its driving me insane.

To the point, have you tried disconnecting the speaker built into the case?

You could try disconnecting / muting the cd/dvd audio input.

Nope, it doesn't do it when I move windows around. Only when the sound device has to play a sound of some kind.

As far as muting the CD/DVD audio input, not sure what you mean by that. All ins/outs are muted except the WaveOut 1/2.

This is baffling.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Go Back to forum