• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT closed?

Share/Bookmark

OT closed?

I thought the whole purpose of the OT section was to rant and scream about politics, religion and act like 5 years olds. i don't' get it ?? no one takes anything seriously in that forum.

Re: OT closed?

I surmise that some folks can dish it out but cannot take it.

I imagine that the problem does not lie in the topics, but rather how people react to each other. The name calling, personal shots, and threats being the foremost reason for the closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I surmise that some folks can dish it out but cannot take it.

I imagine that the problem does not lie in the topics, but rather how people react to each other. The name calling, personal shots, and threats being the foremost reason for the closing.
    Correct. We've been getting moderator alerts from all sides it's really getting ridiculous this is a music forum there are many other sites out there for this. We made many warnings before. Sorry but that’s it end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk
    this is a music forum there are many other sites out there for this.
    So true. Is there really a need for off topic discussion here?

oh well i have been out of the loop. i made a post last week for the for the first time in about a month or so . then i went to follow up cuz i thought i was to hard on steelhed about some religious stuff- sorry i guess. hope i didn't contribute to any of this. have to say i learned a lot. and its been amusing especially the political rants from those i often disagreed with.

for now chow!

Great film!

A few months ago I saw that Breakfast Club was going to be on one of the satellite channels, so I TiVo'd it. My wife and I wanted to show it to the kids (12, 14, 17), but figured that we should review it first.

As it turns out, it was an edited version that had dubs over all of the cuss words. And it was terrible. We vowed to shield our kids from this sanitized version, went to the video store and rented the version with the language in all its glory. The kids were a bit bored and 80'd out for the first twenty minutes, but were mesmerized after that.

Greatness includes passion. And passion isn't always tidy.

-JF

> Greatness includes passion. And passion isn't always tidy.

Interesting statement in a thread about OT being closed...

The simple solution would have been to have made a sub Political & Religious forum for such things. Other sites have done this and it gets rid of all the crap in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    > Greatness includes passion. And passion isn't always tidy.

Interesting statement in a thread about OT being closed...
    Any decent composer knows to come back to the original motif.

-JF

Well Papa said that it wasn't necessarily what was being said but rather all the emails and PM he was getting from people that were offended.

I say just put up a warning that say's anybody participating in off-topic does so at their own risk and if you read it you do so at your own risk and anybody breaking the rules gets three strikes and your out no questions asked and the moderators and adminsitrators aren't responsible for the content bla,bla,bla......

That way they can obsolve themselves of having to respond to any emails and once people figure out they're not responding to emails complaining about off-topic they'll stop sending them.

I think it will work but we need to stick to the original rules and dicuss rather than flame.

Cheers,

Jose

Go Back to forum