• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Organ Showcase #13"

Share/Bookmark

"Organ Showcase #13"

Music folks,

Herewith is my "Organ Showcase #13".

I have written approximately fifty organ "showcases". This is number thirteen.

GPO
    Full Organ (two instances)
    Full Strings (two instances)
    Cellos Sus + Short
    Basses Sus + Short
    Flute Solo V
    Timpani KS

Regards,

Larry A.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...Showcase13.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Organ Showcase #13"

This is a bump.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Trés bon, like it. 50 did you say? :S
    Only thing I will say is that there might not be much ambience so it sounds noticably synthy in parts - but thats just trying to go for realism. Musically it's great! Not too much dynamic contrasts but perhaps that was your wish? I like it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodweiser
    Trés bon, like it. 50 did you say? :S
    Only thing I will say is that there might not be much ambience so it sounds noticably synthy in parts - but thats just trying to go for realism. Musically it's great! Not too much dynamic contrasts but perhaps that was your wish? I like it very much.
    Explain your use of the term "ambience". It means different things to different people. It's also the name of a reverb.

The lack of dynamic contrasts is perhaps to its detriment.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Well I did mean Garritan's VST Ambience or any other reverb that would make it sound as if it's "performed" in a hall - just a suggestion... then again I am a sucker for reverb mostly. :P

Well I did mean Garritan's VST Ambience or any other reverb that would make it sound as if it's "performed" in a hall - just a suggestion... then again I am a sucker for reverb mostly. :P
    I haven't had any success with the Ambience reverb. I still don't know how to operate it as far as using it as a VST insert is concerned.

I used a bit of Kontakt reverb with this composition. The Kontakt reverb leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

What sequencer program do you use? It shouldn't be too hard to work out how to put it in. I've never tried the Kontakt reverb...

What sequencer program do you use? It shouldn't be too hard to work out how to put it in. I've never tried the Kontakt reverb...
    I use Sonar 3 with a P4 processor and 1 gigabytes of RAM.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I'd go along with the comments that the sound treatment's slightly flaky; but I'll be darned if I could tell you how/why... lol -- I still have a passel of trouble getting that even near right myself.

As a one-time organist, though, it *is* a darned neat "showcase"!

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I'd go along with the comments that the sound treatment's slightly flaky; but I'll be darned if I could tell you how/why... lol -- I still have a passel of trouble getting that even near right myself.

As a one-time organist, though, it *is* a darned neat "showcase"!

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thanky, thanky, Mr. S.

Unfortunately, the Kontakt reverb "sucks", as the younger generation would characterize it. This member of the older generation agrees with them. At the risk of being sued by Kontakt, I need to cover my behind by saying that I am possibly not properly utilizing the Kontakt reverb.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast