• Register
  • Help

Topic: Happy Birthday Richard Birdsall-GPO Competition Winner!

Share/Bookmark

Happy Birthday Richard Birdsall-GPO Competition Winner!

Today is Richard Birdsall's Birthday.

Richard is the grand prize winner of the GPO Orchestration Competition. What better birthday present than to hear your work performed live by an orchestra (you earned it Richard!). Hard to believe Richard is only 19 (or a year older today?).

Have a very wonderful birthday Richard and looking forward to meeting you in person in the Czech Republic when your work is performed in concert.

Gary Garritan

Re: Happy Birthday Richard Birdsall-GPO Competition Winner!

Happy Birthday Richard!

It is amazing that such a masterful piece of music should come from one so young. Or is it? I'm pretty amazing myself.

Again, congratulations on the well earned win in the competition. Hopefully Gary will record the performance so I can listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    It is amazing that such a masterful piece of music should come from one so young. Or is it? I'm pretty amazing myself.
    Yes you are Joseph! That's the understatement of the year.

Happy Birthday Richard!!

Congratulations on your piece! Also, congratulations for getting your name in Keyboard Magazine

Thanks people!!

You got it right Gary, 19 today. And yes, this IS the best present I will ever have.

I'm got mentioned in keybord magazine?? I didnt even know! hmm I'll have to try and get a copy. Would you be able to tell me what issue it is please?

Gary, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Olomouc.

Thanks again

Richard

Hi Richard!
    Your name was mentioned with the other winners of the contest. It's not a big column, so you really have to look for it. (it's on the left margin of the page) I think that it's the March issue. The cover is red - has John Legend on the cover. I can look tonight when I get home if you'd like. I received it a week or so ago but was just able read it yesterday. Congratulations and Happy Birthday!
    Last edited by Stephanie Pray; 03-28-2005 at 02:10 PM. Reason: can't tell right from left...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Birdsall
    Thanks people!!

You got it right Gary, 19 today. And yes, this IS the best present I will ever have.

I'm got mentioned in keybord magazine?? I didnt even know! hmm I'll have to try and get a copy. Would you be able to tell me what issue it is please?

Gary, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Olomouc.

Thanks again

Richard
    Happy Birthday Richard!

I heard your winning composition for the first time last night and I must say it was truly amazing. It's equally amazing this composition was crafted by someone only 18 years old. Indeed, you have a very bright future ahead of you.

Enjoy your trip to the Czech Republic, I think the entire GPO community is really looking forward to the live broadcast of "Knights and Magic".

All the best,

Brian

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

I would say that 19 is the best age there is! (Well, for now.) Enjoy your birthday and your victory, and thanks for letting us enjoy your music.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Very cool Richard!

Happy Birthday!

dpDan

Thumbs up Re: Happy Birthday Richard Birdsall-GPO Competition Winner!

Happy Birthday Richard and many many more. Just don't start toping everyone off with a GPO Competition winner I only have so many towels to throw in!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum