• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Audio capture question

Share/Bookmark

Question Audio capture question

I have giga3, but no compatible card, so I'm in rewire mode by default. But once I do get a new audio card, will the audio capture record just giga's output, or any output that might be going through that audo card?

I don't know if I asked this question correctly, so if you need me to rephrase it, let me know and I'll try.

-Chris

Re: Audio capture question

Giga's "capture to wave" feature just captures Giga sounds. You can mute/solo whatever tracks you want, so you can capture the whole (Giga) deal, or just a few tracks.

-JF

OK.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Giga's "capture to wave" feature just captures Giga sounds. You can mute/solo whatever tracks you want, so you can capture the whole (Giga) deal, or just a few tracks.

-JF
    Is there a way to stop this from recording in real time? My system isnt fast enough to apply gigapulse reverb in real time. So can't I just feed it MIDI data and have it render to disk taking however much time it needs?

Quote Originally Posted by cmwck
    Is there a way to stop this from recording in real time? My system isnt fast enough to apply gigapulse reverb in real time. So can't I just feed it MIDI data and have it render to disk taking however much time it needs?
    Can't you capture the audio first and then feed it back into Giga for the reverb?

Daryl

No. Capture to wave is real-time only. I know that in ReWire it can capture faster than real-time. Maybe it can capture slower too. I'm not sure, as I tend not to use ReWire.

As suggested, maybe you can capture the wave file, and then process it through GigaPulse on a second pass. You would need a GSIF-2 audio card for that.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Can't you capture the audio first and then feed it back into Giga for the reverb?

Daryl
    Er, how do you do this? I can't find anyway to simply open a pre-recorded wave file and play it through the DSP station.

Er, how do you do this? I can't find anyway to simply open a pre-recorded wave file and play it through the DSP station.
    This is exactly what I would like to do too. So if anyone has a solution to this, I am all ears.

Juuso

Quote Originally Posted by juuso
    This is exactly what I would like to do too. So if anyone has a solution to this, I am all ears.

Juuso
    A quick and dirty way would be to find the WAV file in the quicklibrary thing and hit Audition Sample. Not sure if it restricts the length at all.

A quick and dirty way would be to find the WAV file in the quicklibrary thing and hit Audition Sample. Not sure if it restricts the length at all.
    And another dirty way to do it is to make a huge sample of the file and play it with maximum velocity. ;-)

I just did that with a concert recording which needed the touch of GigaPulse and it worked marvellously.

Juuso

Go Back to forum