• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Adobe Audition 1.5

Share/Bookmark

Adobe Audition 1.5

MY COMPLETE STUDIO IS SET UP AND I USE EXCLUSIVELY ADOBE AUDITION 1.5....I ASKED BEFORE I BOUGHT GARRITAN BUT IT SEEMS AS IT IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY......CAN ANYONE OFFER ADIVE FOR THIS...THANKYOU...
    ...airpilot0712@yahoo.com

Re: Adobe Audition 1.5

What are you talking about? And why are you using all caps?

If you are trying to use say, GPO in Adobe Audition, it isn't going to work because Audition is not a SEQUENCER, it is a Editing/Mixing/Mastering application. You need a sequencer like SONAR, Cubase or something like that. And if you got Garritan Orchestral Strings, you will need Gigastudio to run them (I believe GPO has it's own sampling software included if I'm not mistaken). If you are talking about something else, please be more specific.

James W.G. Smith

CAPS= screaming....

Thankyou for your reply......
    And do not become alarmed by the caps, it's gonna be alright !!, I just put in another 20 hour day at the studio and forgot they were on......oh my we need to settle, settle......that said.....help out a musician who is just getting into the whole recording arena and is tell me ...is Vegas a sequencer...thanks again....or is there anything else beside the included software with GPO.....anything but Sonar........

I have used Adobe Audition (formerly CoolEdit) for years, and when I bought GPO I had never used a sequencer (except a very old yamaha hardware one) and wondered if I could use Audition with GPO. The answer is no, not really until I have a wave file. Audition has very limited midi capability.

Audition accepts VST plug-ins, but not VSTi plugins--which are VST instruments, which is what GPO can be used as.

I now use Cubase SX2. However, Cubase and any of the full featured modern sequencers offer as many headaches as solutions, and they take a while to operate smoothly.

For this reason, it is my considered opionion, it is best to use the Cubasis that comes with GPO at first, if one is not familiar with midi and sequencing.

I still use Cubasis on a laptap for recording live piano at dance classes, etc.

Depending on what you are doing, Overture, included with GPO is also a good place to start. I now use Sibelius because of the scanning software, but I think Overture has many advantages, especially with the new Overture around the tree trunk.

Anyway, for sequencing on the PC the two main programs seem to be Cubase and Sonar. Perhaps there are others I don't know about.

Vegas is a video editing package, comparable to Adobe Premiere, Canopus Edius or Pinnacle's Liquid Editon.

Have you had bad experiences with Sonar?

HI....
    Sonar to me is like looking and working with a childs toy as compared to the Adobe line......people swear by Sonar and it is used by the "Pros" ....but just seems wanting to me...."The Aviator" was just done completely with Adobe Premiere and there is a reason for this......a wonderfully integrated package......that works seamlessly together or apart.....and Adobe Audition is awesome in its realistic cast...............and results....why you can't record into it and then add some GPO layers is beyond me.......

Quote Originally Posted by airpilot0712
    HI....
    Sonar to me is like looking and working with a childs toy as compared to the Adobe line......people swear by Sonar and it is used by the "Pros" ....but just seems wanting to me...."The Aviator" was just done completely with Adobe Premiere and there is a reason for this......a wonderfully integrated package......that works seamlessly together or apart.....and Adobe Audition is awesome in its realistic cast...............and results....why you can't record into it and then add some GPO layers is beyond me.......
    Adobe After Effects, not Premiere, was nominated for a technical Oscar for effects in the Aviator. I don't think Premiere was used on the Aviator. I have a feeling that the score wasn't recorded into Audition on a computer. I think they used one of those great bigger machines and disks and things in one of those padded rooms with a lot of chairs for the orchrstre.

Hey Ho! It turns out Aviator was cut on a Lightworks machine. Here is a link to a story about it: http://www.lwks.com/company/c_newsar....ch2?newsid=74

Murch used Final Cut Pro for Cold Mountain, but GPO won't run inside FCP either.

***ANSWER PART OF THE POST***
    However, GPO is worth putting up with a sequencer for until you get your wave file, then just go to Audition. Also, depending on what sound card you are using, you can route the output from a sequencer directly into Audition and put it on any track you want. Audition 1.5 has rewire support, as well, which can help out with your setup.

Although I love Audition as a audio editor, and have done sound design on it, if you're going to use something like GPO or any other digital orchestra, you're definitely going to need a midi sequencer, a full blown one at that... On the PC, the 2 most popular are Cubase and Sonar, on the mac, Performer and Logic...

How much midi work do you do???

I'm a classical guitarist and blues guitarist and this is my first delving into midi......and I just received my copy of GPO...sooooo I am a newbie to the whole process......basically I want to record guitar, voice and keyboard and then use GPO for background.....GPO is fantastic by the way and listening to what some of the talented people out there have put to together is just AMAZING !!....so if you could help in any way...right now I have top of the line AMD HP, 1gb mem, 400 gb harddrive, recording into a Lexicon, and using Adobe for puutting it together....so now I understand I need a sequencer and ????? thankyou

Go Back to forum