• Register
  • Help

Topic: VERY IMPORTENT issue regarding digital out only cards !!!

Share/Bookmark

VERY IMPORTENT issue regarding digital out only cards !!!

I have a Mixtreme with the Adat out box connected directly to my ProTools Adat in. My question is how does Gigasampler cope with different sampling rate CDs. Let me explain : certain Akai CD rom were recorded in 48k and some in 44k. When I play those samples in Gigasampler, does it retain the original sample rate of the raw waves or is there a way to set it so that Giga ouput the sample rate we want. Man , I hope we can set the default sample rate ouput, because,if it\'s not possible then having a Digital soundcard will be totally useless since my ProTools session\'s sample rate will be at the mercy of the Giga sample rate.

Re: VERY IMPORTENT issue regarding digital out only cards !!!

You can set the samplerate (and bitrate) in GS. This apply\'s for the whole program and has nothing to do with the original samplerate of the samples. The are not being played back at the original rate since you are playing them faster and slower all the time. BTW I don\'t know if the mixtreme can do this, but if so I would set it to respond to an extrenal clock input(through SPdif). This way PT is still your masterclock(which I would trust more). I have the same thing, only I am using an aardvark 20/20.

Re: VERY IMPORTENT issue regarding digital out only cards !!!

Thanks for the reply. I\'m still trying to figure out Giga. Yes, Mixtreme can lock to ext clock via SPDIF, ADAT lightpipe or WC. It can even lock to Super clock 256x, but I have not tried this option yet. I have it so it is slave to my PrpTools via WC. Works great.

Go Back to forum