• Register
  • Help

Topic: Powerful string hits - revisited

Powerful string hits - revisited

I'm still on my quest to find powerful hits, so I just wanted to update people on my progress. The best 'power hit' I've come up with uses Gold and a little bit from the Roland Orchestral sound set (LCDX-04). Not *just* a string hit since it uses some french horn as well, but I think it sounds like mostly strings, or at least, is closest to the sound I want.

Again, a riff from the Metal Gear Solid 2 main theme.

Here's another patch, for higher string hits. This one uses the close (as opposed to far) marcato and quick u/d patches from Gold, the Roland marcato strings, and the "Cadenza" marcato strings. It uses GlaceVerb.

This riff is from a rearrangement I did, based on a song from the SNES game "Chrono Trigger".

Re: Powerful string hits - revisited

Hi, they sound great, particularly the first one.

Have you tried layering your string "hits" with other members of the orchestra? Woodwinds can play a great (and not too obvious) supporting role. Some pitched percussion would help too.

- SCA - Sound Studios -

Re: Powerful string hits - revisited

That sounds pretty good ! But i think you can do two more things to fatten it up .

Loosen the attack times for the notes. And double all the notes with their octave above ( or below )
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum