• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT 3 free itunes songs: TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

OT 3 free itunes songs: TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

Hello everyone,

As you may be aware, there is an itunes promotion going on where you can win free itunes from pepsi and I have thus far won 3. Now the question is, what songs to get?!

I know this is VERY subjective, but if you were in my position, what would you get? What 3 songs (preferably film/classical scores) would you download that give you an essence of the score, yet stand on their own? Some ideas I have thus far come up with are "Legends of the Fall" opening titles by James Horner, Final Battle from Van Helsing by Alan Silvestri, and something from the Lemony Snickets Thomas Newman score (prob the end titles, its the longest cue! )

Its very hard to judge music in the free 30 seconds, especially music that evolves like film scores, so I'm looking for some help. I am also a big fan of GOOD music, so any unknowns and even music other than soundtracks are welcome. Bottom line, I would truly appreciate any and all comments and suggestions from those who have experienced more music than this lowly student.

Thanks in advance for your help,

p.s. I know this topic does not directly relate to sample libs, but I respect the opinions of the people on these boards so much that I had to post. If this is against forum rules, please feel free to modify or delete my post. Thanks again!

Boise, Idaho, U.S.A.

Re: OT 3 free itunes songs: TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

James Newton Howard - The Hand of Fate Part 2 - Signs
    Danny Elfman - Main Titles - Sommersby
    John Debney - Resurrection - The Passion of the Christ

At least this is what I've been listening to lately.

James W.G. Smith

Go Back to forum