• Register
  • Help

Topic: stylus rmx rtas for windows?

Share/Bookmark

stylus rmx rtas for windows?

Hi,
    I am contemplating the purchase of stylus rmx. I have seem the demo video and it looks amazing. However, I only see the VST version for windows posted on the spectrasonics website. I currently run protools LE with Digi001 hardware and I would like to know if there are plans to release an RTAS-windows version?
    I'm guessing the only way I can use RMX currently is if I buy the VST to RTAS wrapper from fxpansion.

also is it possible to use 2 computers, one for protools and another dedicated for RMX? How would I go about this?

any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Re: stylus rmx rtas for windows?

Quote Originally Posted by 4johnny
    Hi,
    I am contemplating the purchase of stylus rmx. I have seem the demo video and it looks amazing. However, I only see the VST version for windows posted on the spectrasonics website. I currently run protools LE with Digi001 hardware and I would like to know if there are plans to release an RTAS-windows version?
    Yes...the native RTAS PC version of RMX should be released by the end of next month.

I'm guessing the only way I can use RMX currently is if I buy the VST to RTAS wrapper from fxpansion.
    Yes...it does work fine.

also is it possible to use 2 computers, one for protools and another dedicated for RMX? How would I go about this?
    Sure...just get a simple VST host application for the second computer like Chainer. The RMX license allows a single user to use it on multiple computers simultaneously.

RMX is better to use within the main host though...better to use the other PC for sound module types of plug-ins like Atmosphere, Trilogy, Kontakt, etc.

spectrum

Spectrum, will the RTAS for PC version of RMX support routing each of the 8 output channels back into separate inputs on Pro Tools?

Yes.

spectrum

Spectrum,

Any update on the arrival of the Windows RTAS version?

Early next month.

spectrum

Go Back to forum