• Register
  • Help

Topic: O.K., So Who Makes It?!

Share/Bookmark

O.K., So Who Makes It?!

O.K. fellas,

Who makes the GIGA drum library with the happeningest set of brush samples for swing? Especially the snare swish .... you know that "stirring the soup" movement, for that "shhhhhh tchp" effect.

Unfortunately, Larry Seyer says no brushes in his new library at this point.

I'm going to get it (slurrrp), but I need some brushes to augment/balance it.

Thanx!
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

Re: O.K., So Who Makes It?!

If you work with loops, Brush Artistry (Big Fish Audio) is very nice.

Yeah, thanx.

Someone mentioned that and I toook a look. I guess I'll have to do the "distributed wave" thing. It should still work.
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

http://www.studiocat.com/purrrfect_d...ct%20drums.htm

Studiocat makes the Purrrfect Brushes library as a component of the Purrrfect Drums library. Purrrfect Brushes is sold separately for $99. I haven't heard or used the library, but I own Purrrfect Drums and think it's a great value for the money.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

Try Sonic Implants at http://www.sonicimplants.com/Product...CDDrumsSeries1 There's an MP3 demo you can check out and I think you can just buy the parts of the kit that you want, although the whole library is pretty nice! jc

Actually, I talked to Sonic Implants this morning and they verified that you can buy (via download) just the part of the kit you need. Cheers, jc

The SampleTekk 50's snare included with the orchestra version of GS3 is neat. This brings me to my next question, re: licence info for demo materials included. Off topic, so see new thread.

I've got the SI brush kit, and recommend it. It's an inexpensive download, and well worth the price. I don't know that if the swirls are swishy enough for you, but it does have some.

Also the SI customer service treated me nicely. I had accidentaly downloaded the wrong kit. I e-mailed them and they let me download the correct kit for no fee, with the understanding that I would remove the wrong kit from my hard drive. I gladly removed the other kit, as I was looking for brushes, and had no intention of abusing their trust.

Hopefully, they've improved the user interface, as it wasn't clear at the time which link attached to which sample set. Pay close attention so you get the right one the first time.

-JF

Go Back to forum