• Register
  • Help

Topic: Electric Sitar

Share/Bookmark

Electric Sitar

I'm doing some groooovy 60s music and need an Electric Sitar. Does anybody know of a decent sample CD for Giga or should I just rent a Coral/Line 6 Variax? Alternatively I could use .wav files and load them into the Logic EXS24 but I'd rather use Giga.

Thanks.
    Stand by for action - we are about to launch Stingray!

Re: Electric Sitar

There's an Akai library called Deepest India. I don't have any personal knowlege of it, but I assume it has sitar.

Why not load the wav file into Giga?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Why not load the wav file into Giga?
    Good point ...

I'm not looking for authentic sitar by the way but the Coral electric sitar, the sound that domiates "Paint it Black' by the Rolling Stones. Very rare guitars but there must be library somewhere.

I think Quantum Bass & Guitars has one

Ernie

Or you could use a sampled sitar (for Giga I'm not sure but I know RA has one) and then run it through amplitude or revalver plug-ins.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

What about Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol. 2 from Spectrasonics? I think they still have it at ILIO.com.

Yes Hans Zimmer Guitars does have Sitar for sure! What is not on these CD's! Best strings Cd's i ever heard! Also try Ethno World!

Just passed a sitar in my library it is from Sonic Implants the Silkroad middle eastern instruments CD.

Thanks for all the pointers chaps - got just the thing I was looking for at Steve Levine's Website. Nice EXS24 file of a Jerry Jones Electric Sitar. Fits the track great!

Thanks again!

Go Back to forum