• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sustain Pedal Question

Share/Bookmark

Sustain Pedal Question

When I set the sustain option so the piano sustains correctly, it changes the sound or artiiculation of the other instruments. When I change it to accommodate the other instruments, the piano does not sustain properly. Why does this happen? Is there a way around it. What do I do? I'm new to this software. Somebody, PLEASE HELP! It's driving me crazy. I want a very nice piano accompaniment to an Oboe or Violin solo. I want both instruments to sound like themselves.

Re: Sustain Pedal Question

Quote Originally Posted by jthrower@wowway.com
    When I set the sustain option so the piano sustains correctly, it changes the sound or artiiculation of the other instruments. When I change it to accommodate the other instruments, the piano does not sustain properly. Why does this happen? Is there a way around it. What do I do? I'm new to this software. Somebody, PLEASE HELP! It's driving me crazy. I want a very nice piano accompaniment to an Oboe or Violin solo. I want both instruments to sound like themselves.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. HOW does it change the other instruments? I haven't run across this problem.

There is, however, a problem when trying to play instruments designed to use the sustain pedal for legato mode, like the Garritan Personal Orchestra sounds.

In THAT case, it's a good idea to copy the dll file, label it Kontakt 2 and use one copy for sustain instruments only.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Re: Sustain Pedal Question

Rob,
    Thanks for your reply! You answered my question, inspite of the way I had it worded. The piano was no longer sustaining when I choose another option for the other instrument attachs and articulations.

Thanks again!

Go Back to forum