• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Brazillian jazz piece

Share/Bookmark

Brazillian jazz piece

Here is my new GPO offering, a Brazillian jazz piece using the brasillian form,Chorinho.
    It is for Flute and Piano.
    Brasiilian Jazz has been my main profession for about 8 years,and it was fun trying to distill the samba feeling into a "Classical Piano " part.
    Hope you enjoy.

Chorinho pra M.M
    also here is a link to the pdf file of the scoreChorinho pra M.M.pdf
    Last edited by joaz; 04-06-2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: new liks added

Re: Brazillian jazz piece

Very nice! My kind of music! I like it!

Try inserting a CC64 at the beginning of the flute part and it will smooth it and get rid of the slight "zipper" effect that is heard from time to time.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

That's really Larry's type of music. Well done!

TTS

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Very nice! My kind of music! I like it!

Try inserting a CC64 at the beginning of the flute part and it will smooth it and get rid of the slight "zipper" effect that is heard from time to time.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Thanks for the tip Larry.and the appreciation.
    In my haste to upload,I forgot to iron out that occasional wrinkle, that occurred in the Flute Part.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

Regards,

Larry A.
    Duly fixed and re-uploaded
    cheers

Joaz,
    your Flute may sound much better. Here is the link
    Liked both of your pieces very much. They're alive.
    sfiks

Quote Originally Posted by sfiks
    Joaz,
    your Flute may sound much better. Here is the link
    Liked both of your pieces very much. They're alive.
    Thanks for the link to the fascinating controllers tutorial,in contrast to my Sulis piece which was written in Cubase and transferred to Sibelius.The chorinho is a Sib produced MP3.
    I do not have a keyboard with any midi controllers,so everything In Sulis was laboriously entered 1 value at a time.
    I have since promised myself never to work that way again.So I have ordered a midi keyboard with 8 controllers,and when it arrives I will apply some of the excellent advice found in that tutorial.
    At times I do feel a little frustrated at this whole business of "A score can look good, OR sound good".When I finish writing a piece,I usually want to hurtle into the next one,but there are so many tiny details to take care of,before you can truly call a piece finished.
    Still,on the whole the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.
    Extracting parts,for example........

For those that like such things here is a link to the score for my Chorinho.
    Chorinho pra M.M

The piece has been uploaded(Again ) utilising the nifty Sibelius plugin that writes in the sustain controllers.

I personally cant wait for the day when you insert the midi lead into your neck,and just think the music into the computer. There are times when I seem to spend 3 or 4 days editing controller information,and I feel more like an accountant than a musician
    regards

Another enjoyable piece! I found it exciting yet relaxing (which I guess is kinda strange), and very catchy. Thanks again for the score, I do like to follow along, and when I have time, study the composition further. Nicely done! I love your work.

Now I am thirsty for some lemonade . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    I personally cant wait for the day when you insert the midi lead into your neck,and just think the music into the computer.
    Well, it might be top secret, but Garritan is working on such a device that he revealed in some other thread some time ago. I look forward to it so much, that I haven't forgotten:

The GPO to Brain Device

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast