• Register
  • Help

Topic: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS RESPONDING

Share/Bookmark

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS RESPONDING

Please forgive my ignorance on the subject,
    but I am interested in using a hardware midi controller to gain the full power of the GS.
    Currently, I have a yamaha PSR-520 as my midi keyboard.
    Question: If I purchased a hardware midi controller with all of the necessary sliders,
    how would this be used? More specifically,
    would I, 1) record my midi sequence flat via the PSR-520, and then on playback start tweeking the sliders of the dedicated H/W midi controller while somehow being able to record these overlayed slider movements in real-time?

OR would I have to 2)have one hand on the PSR-520 playing notes while simultaneously tweeking the sliders of the dedicated midi controller with the other hand ==> all being recorded to the sequencer simultaneously.

Also, should this dedicated midi controller be MIDI daisy-chained with the PSR-520 keyboard or should it have it\'s own midi port?

Finally, what, not so expensive, controllers are out there that can let me map all 16 GS midi controller parameters to a respective slider of the controller?

Thanks in advance.

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS RESPONDING

You can record your controllers real time or later, the receiving midi device will just recieve the control changes from the devices and/or sequencer and respond to them as it recieves them, it doesn\'t know or care when they got recorded.

Daisy chaining midi devices generally works fine, though it can be a pain to keep all your signals separate when they\'re supposed to be separate and vice-versa. With a complex studio setup most people will use a midi patch bay which make it easy to determine what signals go where when, but I will guess you are a ways from needing that flexibility and complexity yet.

Go Back to forum