• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Concert - Wrap Up

GPO Concert - Wrap Up

Dobry den (Czech for Good Day).

The first GPO Competition Performance was a huge success.

Everything that had to happen did happen and everyone came through with flying colors.

At the end of the day it was the music that made everything happen. When you write appropriately, you're most of the way there. And our winning composers wrote great music that sat well in the orchestra's hands. It was their talent that carried the day.

It was fantastic to discover and work with such great talent. That was the highlight of our experience. It was a great experience and we cannot wait to do it again.

We're off to Prague to meet with people from the Prague Symphony and to inspect some concert halls. It's going to be great to be a tourist and take a well-deserved rest.

Andy and Gary
    Phone: 917-327-0293
    Email: andy@andybrick.com
    Web: http://www.andybrick.com
    AIM: andybrick

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: GPO Concert - Wrap Up

and take a well-deserved rest.
    What's that?

Really, you two do deserve a rest after the beautiful job you did this past week. Just don't eat too many Praguegies!

UK- teeming with life....

Re: GPO Concert - Wrap Up

Fantastic results Andy.....I hope you enjoy your well earned tour. What reverb did you use?

Just for interest (or not) I was very fond of the performances by a lovely young Czech lady by the name of Petra Ernyeiova who came over to the UK and sang at a big band jazz festival I attended a couple of years ago. I have a few of her CDs. She performs in and around Prague if I believe. She has a lovely voice and stage manner (IMHO). Worth a listen if you're around there and so inclined! Her father is an impresario in the music business there....again more on the big band jazz side of things. I just thought I'd mention it.

http://www.petra-ernyei.cz/english/bioeng.htm if you'd like to see her.

Go Back to forum