• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO, Finale playback and recording files

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation GPO, Finale playback and recording files

I can't seem to figure out how to record Finale playback using other programs such as Cubasis or CoolEdit Pro. When in Finale I have no problem hearing playback from all instruments in GPO studio or my external synths. However when I try to record a wave file using Cubasis (or any other DAW) it only records (or hears) my external synths. On the flipside, If I use the Record feature in GPO Studio it only records GPO sounds and not my external synths. My audio card is the M-Audio Audiophile 192. I am aware of the tutorial that shows how to do this by importing a midi file into the sequencer but:

Is there a way to record both GPO and external synths simultaneously from Finale playback?

Re: GPO, Finale playback and recording files

If you are using Windows, one basic-no-frills option is to use Windows Sound Recorder - making sure you set the quality to a high enough level.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: GPO, Finale playback and recording files

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    If you are using Windows, one basic-no-frills option is to use Windows Sound Recorder - making sure you set the quality to a high enough level.
    No,
    As I stated in my original post when I try to record playback from Finale using ANY software sound recorder (including the one you mention) will only record and hear my external synths and not the GPO sounds.
    My Setup:
    Windows XP sp2
    M-Audio Audiophile 192
    1.5 gigs of ram
    AMD Athlon 2.8

I've just about exhausted every possibility with my soundcard's routing functions. Is there anyone out there with this problem???

Go Back to forum